Recipe Recipe | Crispy Broccoli Parmesan Fritters

PSLoveCharli

Veteran
Local time
5:06 AM
Website
www.pslovecharli.com
Here's a tasty recipe that involves everyone's favorite: BROCCOLI! This dish can be made as a side dish or appetizer. I ran across this yummy lookin’ recipe from Smitten Kitchen and wanted to share. It seems super easy and perfect for a party appetizer during the holidays or something like that. Enjoy!

brocfritters.jpg

Best wishes,

Last edited by a moderator:
Nutritive idea and tasty at a time.

I like to collect appetizer recipes because these come handy any time of the year and for almost any situation. So that I'm adding this recipe to my digital library.

Thanks for sharing it Charli :)

Oh my gosh, those broccoli and Parmesan fritters sound like they make one of new favorite appetizers. Broccoli and Parmesan are too foods I can't get enough of. :wink: They could also make a delicious main, served with a side salad too.

Oh my gosh, those broccoli and Parmesan fritters sound like they make one of new favorite appetizers. Broccoli and Parmesan are too foods I can't get enough of. :wink: They could also make a delicious main, served with a side salad too.
just remember that Parmesan (and a lot of other cheeses) is not vegetarian... (which I understand you are). It is made from rennet from sheep's/cow's stomachs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennet

Did not know that.
somewhat off-topic but... beer, wine and the likes can also be an issue - a lot of beer is filtered through ground fish bones. Even some cranberry juices are not vegetarian - a food colouring made from ground-up beetles is used to add colour. Its a minefield out there for veggies and vegan is even harder!

just remember that Parmesan (and a lot of other cheeses) is not vegetarian... (which I understand you are). It is made from rennet from sheep's/cow's stomachs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennet

Hi, thanks for letting me know. :) I've known about rennet for a few years now and always make sure to check the labels on cheese. I remember just a few years ago that there was only 1 type of cheese in my local grocery store that had vegetarian, non animal rennet but thankfully in the last year or so there are at least 6 New Zealand (where I live) companies which offer all sorts of vegetarian friendly cheeses. Including my two favorites Haulomi and Parmesan. :D I wouldn't order Parmesan in a restaurant but I can make my own vegetarian Parmesan fritters.

I do remember the shock as a teen though (I've been vegetarian since age 8) when I realized how many products contained gelatin and rennet.

Back
Top Bottom