Recipe Red Beans and Andouille Sausage Over Rice

I was tried to edit the recipe but the edit button has gone away.

I think that is probably because you are a relatively new member - the edit button is only available for a short time. Eventually you will be able to edit older posts.
I will add the phrase to your recipe. :okay:

Re the photographs, feel free to use them as you wish - just credit me (please). :happy:

This recipe is now on my list of things to make again. I am going to make it for my friend who often stay with in Essex.

Frying the sausage and deglazing the pan does add a little color.

Next time I will find some different sausages and fry them. I grilled them because I've used them before and I know they let out a lot of fat and liquid - they shrink in size! However they do taste good and have a slight smokiness.

We use smoked ham hocks as well in our recipe. The ham hocks get cooked with the trinity and spices for about an hour on stovetop (15-20 minutes in pressure cooker) before the beans go in. Then you pull the hocks out, let them cool, then shred the meat, throwing away the bones, skin and fat, though you could scrape the fat off the skin and chop it up if you wanted. The meat goes back in right before serving.

@ElizabethB

I realise now that French Andouille Sausage is prepared in Lyon, France and it is prepare in a a variety of ways; Smoked porc, smoked veal, a combo of the 2 meats, and / or smoked lamb .. It is also prepared with organ meats, the traditional way and the more modern method ..

The modern way, at least in Louisiana, doesn't use organ meat for andouille, nor does it use lamb, though some use a bit of beef. Andouillette always means it is made of organ meat though in France and probably elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom