red or white wine?

Well crimson, I feel the exact same way! I could care less what food and wine snobs think of my choice. If it tastes great to me out of a box, I'd go for the box. (I haven't found that to be the case though.) Each palette is different and while mine may not be sophisticated, it tastes good to me, therefore I'm content. I suppose it's the "Shallow Hal" complex. :)

White, red, even pink! Still or fizzy, it matters not. No favouriteslove it all!. My choice depends entirely on time of day, location, food or not, who I'm with and importantly, the quality.
@chocomore - other names to look for are Banyuls and Maury, both fortified wines from the south of france. Also, Aleatico from Italy - sadly, very difficult to find outside Italy.

White, red, even pink! Still or fizzy, it matters not. No favouriteslove it all!. My choice depends entirely on time of day, location, food or not, who I'm with and importantly, the quality.
@chocomore - other names to look for are Banyuls and Maury, both fortified wines from the south of france. Also, Aleatico from Italy - sadly, very difficult to find outside Italy.

Haha you definitely do seem like a wine enthusiast. What are some of your favourites?

Haha you definitely do seem like a wine enthusiast. What are some of your favourites?
As I said, I don't have favourites. (actually, I do, but they are too numerous!) Depends on circumstances. e.g. tonight with a rich sausage casserole, I had an italian red from Biferno. Almost too smooth though, a southern Rhone, or Languedoc or warm garnacha from Spain would have been better!

I prefer a more mature and robust red. A St Emilion or Medoc from the Bordeaux region is my preferred wine when eating meats and richer dishes. However I do like the Entre-Deux-Mers whites when having oysters. That's a match made in heaven!

I'm a RED wine lover! Specifically, Merlot. Merlot has a nice, dark/deep taste, but the after effect is what I tend to enjoy the most. It gives you a nice mellow, laid back mood and also is a component for creativity for me (i.e. writing). I drink white wine occasionally.

Red wine for dinner or when there is cold. I specially like Zinfandel, it tastes crazy. For a warm day or if I am on the beach, I rather like a white wine as it feels lighter and fresher.

This Christmas we have been given a gift of a Spanish Rose, I have never tried rose before so looking forward to trying it.

I enjoy the taste of white wine a lot more. Another benefit from drinking white wine as opposed to red wine is that it doesn't stain your teeth! Very useful to know if you're drinking wine on a date! However, I have heard that there are more health benefits that come with drinking red wine as opposed to white.

I'm not really a wine enthusiast and I would prefer other alcoholic beverages over it if I really had to drink, but if I had to choose, I'd most likely just pick red wine just because I'm a little bit more used to it and it has a punch that I find lacking in white wine.

It depends. If I'm entertaining people or going to a BYOB where I plan to share a bottle, and I don't know what everyone likes, I'll usually opt for white. Something not too sweet, not too dry, pleasing to as many palates as possible.

My personal choice is red, though.

I will drink either but my preference is definitely toward white and sparkling wine. I know re wine has many health benefits but for some reason I prefer a lighter white or something with some effervescence. Every once in awhile I find a red wine I like and when I do I make sure to write the name down so I can order it next time.

I can drink red if there is absolutely nothing else or if I'm already drunk. But I prefer white, but I really only like about 2 wines. I like Moscato and White Zinfindel. I am a sweet wine kind of a girl. Though I do enjoy Shiraz wine with a bit of sprite and frozen grapes. It is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom