Regular foods you can't stomach

Night Train

Maker of Things
Local time
12:02 PM
Following on from the bizarre foods thread, what normal day to day regular foods or dishes can you just not stomach?

I find the basic omelette makes me feel really ill even though I am fine with eggs in every other format.

Also dishes that use wet or soggy bread or cake, like bread and butter pudding and some trifles. The texture just feels wrong in my mouth. For the same reason I don't like sandwiches that have tomatoes in that have made the bread wet.

Chips (french fries) with vinegar.

They are all :yuck:

I can't for the life of me stomach butter or margarine anywhere near my food! I also really dislike mayonnaise and cheese. This is such a huge problem that I actually peel off the top layer of a pizza before attempting to eat it, well I used to...now I just make my own pizza at home!

Following on from the bizarre foods thread, what normal day to day regular foods or dishes can you just not stomach?

I find the basic omelette makes me feel really ill even though I am fine with eggs in every other format.

Also dishes that use wet or soggy bread or cake, like bread and butter pudding and some trifles. The texture just feels wrong in my mouth. For the same reason I don't like sandwiches that have tomatoes in that have made the bread wet.

Chips (french fries) with vinegar.

They are all :yuck:

I cannot eat chips without vinegar :hungry: I don't like tomato soggy bread either although I do like bread and butter pudding

I don't like my salad swimming in oil, a light dressing yes.
Avacados :yuck:
Chocolate cake, way too rich

I dislike cooked carrots, the texture and taste is horrible to me. I also don't like cream of wheat for the same reason.

Boiled red meat is another, when the meat is somehow cooked submerged in any liquid, and then comes apart in little strings.

Lately I have started to dislike green beans too, which I always liked fine. But lately I notice they can squeak against my teeth and it's been bothering me!

Interesting that you mention eggs. I don't care for the taste of them on their own, and they make me a little, er... well, gas-y, to be honest. I find them difficult to digest, but if I am cooking breakfast for others who like eggs, I will load the omelet or fritatta with herb seasoning, vegetables and cheese, so that the egg is less prominent. I can't eat peppers either, especially bell pepper, but I don't like those so it's not an issue.

Peas. Be they mushy or garden, I cannot stand the sight or the smell of them. Soggy bread is another one.

Mayonise I can't stand the stuff, I will use a little in potatoe salad and tuna salad just a little. I also do not like wet bread, when I get a sandwich I pull it apart and eat everything but the bread.

Seems wet bread is nice for anyone! :happy:

Funnily I was just eating a very thick soup and dunking bread into it.
That one seems acceptable so long as the bread doesn't soak too much of the soup into it.

That one seems acceptable so long as the bread doesn't soak too much of the soup into it.

I think there's a big difference between bread dipped in soup, and bread that;s made soggy by watery tomato juice, I think it might be the fact that there's usually a little fat in the soup?

I'm not keen on soggy bread, or bread and butter pudding, or summer pudding.

Also don't like rice pudding or egg custard.Or drinks with bits in (like a chunky cup-a-soup)

Bananas, I can't even stand the smell of them! They make me want to throw up!
Custard or any 'milk' with a skin on the top. The skin has to be removed and put aside in a tissue or similar.
Drinks where a soggy biscuit has fallen into... (Not too much of a problem now I can't have dairy)
British tea! Yep I admit it, I loath it and the smell of it!

Bananas, I can't even stand the smell of them! They make me want to throw up!
Custard or any 'milk' with a skin on the top. The skin has to be removed and put aside in a tissue or similar.
Drinks where a soggy biscuit has fallen into... (Not too much of a problem now I can't have dairy)
British tea! Yep I admit it, I loath it and the smell of it!

I am with you regarding banananans but British Tea :ohmy: our Great nation was brought up on that stuff

Bread was made for soup dunking :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom