Regular foods you can't stomach

I also don't like omelette! I love eggs - poached, fried, boiled, scrambled. But I dislike omelettes! I also hate everything containing peas and raisins. It can be my favorite pie on Earth, if I taste peas on it, I'm done with the pie.

if I taste peas on it, I'm done with the pie.
That sounds like my ex wife.

She once spoilt a meal out with friends as she ordered a veggie burger and found it was made of mashed up veg. The whole meal was spent with her dismantling the burger and removing every bit of pea while winging and complaining about it.
She wouldn't let us return and reorder as she was 'having a strop'.:rolleyes:

i can't think of any foods i won't eat on a daily basis,i must admit offal has to be fresh for me to par take in it,even some of the more exotic foods do not worry me ,except andouille,I've tried the best and the worst standard and its not for me......

I am curious about the Britsh tea...I did not know there was such a thing, I thought you all just drank black tea.

Foods that make me want to retch include:

Plain eggs: I have to douse them in ketchup or some other sauce in order to eat them. They taste metally to me.
Soggy Bread: I agree with all of you on this one..gross!
oranges: I can't eat an orange without gagging, the texture of them are horrible, although I do love the juice.
ANYTHING slimy: This is why I can't eat many Asian dishes, slimy food is an absolute no for me.

I am curious about the Britsh tea...I did not know there was such a thing, I thought you all just drank black tea.

English breakfast tea is drank any time of the day,either loose leaf or bags,is infused and drank with milk,some do drink it black ,
and for me Earl Grey a perfumed tea is drank in the afternoon black,both these are blended then we drink assam, darjeeling,ceylon all single leaf teas again for me drank with out milk in the afternoons,this is only a limited selection of traditional teas

Yorkshire Tea, sweetner and just a hint of milk

OjeEOx7v.png

Mustard, I don't mind a bit of wholegrain mixed in with mayo served in a beef sandwich but any mustard on it's own is horrible.

There are many teas that would be described as almost uniquely British, and they are all basically black tea but with various differences.

Earl Grey, as said, has a scented flavour, thanks to aded Bergamot Oil.
Darjeeling is a very delicate tea, idea for a proper English Tea (the meal - cucumber sandwiches, scones, maybe a small cake). Often served with a slice of lemon rather than milk (although it's milk in any tea for me)
Lapsang Suchong has a smokey flavour that divides opinion.
Breakfast tea is a common blend that's actually suitable for any time.
Most teabags are more or less a Breakfast blend I think, with varying degrees of quality. Teabags are made with the fine bits of the edges of tea leaves that break off during processing, and are stronger than the rest of the leaf, due to the natural oils accumulating in the edge. They are called 'fannings' and are not (as often suggested) actually the sweepings off the factory floor.
Builders' tea is any tea, (but normally basic tea bag tea) brewed strong in a big mug with milk (and probably sugar), the sort of thing to serve to blokes working on your house.
Some blends, like Yorkshire tea, are blended specially to suit the hardness or softness of the water in a particular area.

Personally, I think sugar in tea ruins it.

It was tea got this country through 2 World Wars and 'putting the kettle on' is still pretty much our reaction to any trauma, disaster or upset, or celebration.

Note to anyone not from Britain. Tea must be made with BOILING water. A teabag and a pot of merely hot water to pour over it does not make a proper cup of tea.

Ah tea. I love it, can you tell?

I am not a fan of Earl Grey tea, but I love English Breakfast tea (at least that is what we call it here in America). I drink my tea with just sugar added, no milk. Over the last couple of years I have really taken to drinking tea in the afternoon and evening hours as it keeps you awake without the jitters that coffee gives you.

Back
Top Bottom