Request: Chicken Gizzard and Heart Recipes

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
5:12 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
For reasons I can't quite explain, I decided to pick up some chicken gizzards and hearts - two pounds in total - and now I need something to do with them. My first thought was: Deep fried chicken gizzards...done! My next thought was to roast them and then add them to another recipe (like the ratatouille I just made). But, I'm looking for options. I did find this fascinating recipe on this forum, but I'll happily take more:

Chicken Gizzard Dressing

These type of meats or poultry meats are always flavorsome in a stew .. Perhaps a chicken stew with carrots, celery, onion or shallot, home made chicken stock, potatoes and some herbs and spices .. Could be very nice ..

I would not personally add these types of meat or any meat to a Ratatouile ..

For reasons I can't quite explain, I decided to pick up some chicken gizzards and hearts - two pounds in total - and now I need something to do with them. My first thought was: Deep fried chicken gizzards...done! My next thought was to roast them and then add them to another recipe (like the ratatouille I just made). But, I'm looking for options. I did find this fascinating recipe on this forum, but I'll happily take more:

Chicken Gizzard Dressing

I've not cooked with either so I don't have much idea - but I'm thinking beignets?

Chicken Beignets could be a lovely idea with a chili pepper, lemon and marinated in an Adobe !

Ive never seen these for sale before, but I greatly approve of your mission! We often cook chicken livers. Simply sautéed in butter (still pink in the middle), add a splash of brandy, cream and freshly chopped parsley. I would imagine hearts and gizzards are much tougher though. Time to get your sous vide machine going again?

Gizzards, definitely tougher. Hearts, just a bit tougher. Our store has started selling a mixture of hearts and livers, instead of just livers and just heats. The hearts turn Craig off so I don't know what we are going to do for dirty rice since he loves that and I adapted our recipe long ago to just use livers and ground pork.

Gizzards, definitely tougher. Hearts, just a bit tougher. Our store has started selling a mixture of hearts and livers, instead of just livers and just heats. The hearts turn Craig off so I don't know what we are going to do for dirty rice since he loves that and I adapted our recipe long ago to just use livers and ground pork.
Deep fry them (after a long soak in buttermilk)...everything tastes better fried. :okay:

Back
Top Bottom