Retro Gadgets & Appliances?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:07 AM
How many of you remember as a child what gadgets that your mom & dad had & used in the kitchen? It most likely was not like today, where there are probably millions of things out there to make life in the kitchen much easier. As kids, we didn't have much in the way of gadgets. We had to make do with the few things that we had in the kitchen. I remember a knife, a paring knife & maybe a chopper. We also had a Hamilton Beach stand mixer. That was about it. But believe it or not, Amazon still sells the one in the top pic!! I thought that this was outdated! Do any of you still have or used retro gadgets or appliances? :unsure:
Retro Chopper 2..jpg
Retro Chopper..jpg

Last edited:
1000022608.jpg

Potato masher, cork screw, toaster
I got a mouli lying around somewhere.
I'm sure to run into a lot during the day. I run purely on solar, so a lot of the "old" stuff is interesting.
I use a manual coffee grinder, but I bought it a couple of years ago. Not sure if that counts

View attachment 109379
Potato masher, cork screw, toaster
I got a mouli lying around somewhere.
I'm sure to run into a lot during the day. I run purely on solar, so a lot of the "old" stuff is interesting.
I use a manual coffee grinder, but I bought it a couple of years ago. Not sure if that counts

It does. I don't grind my own coffee beans. Never did, as I use k-cups to make coffee in the Keurig machine. One thing IS for sure; Keurig machines weren't around during that era!! :eek:

Last edited:
Oh. And on the chopper that I posted a pic of at the top of the page, there are a lot of Amazon reviews from disatisfied owners saying that the thing either doesn't work or gets broken. Don't buy it!! :eek:

Oh. And on the chopper that I posted a pic of at the top of the page, there are a lot of Amazon reviews from disatisfied owners saying that the thing either doesn't work or gets broken. Don't buy it!! :eek:
Heck, some of the replies to the manual coffee grinder were negative because it takes longer to grind coffee than an electric one :scratchhead:

Heck, some of the replies to the manual coffee grinder were negative because it takes longer to grind coffee than an electric one :scratchhead:
I do find reviews almost worthless these days. They seem to either be overly negative from, well frankly, stupid users with ridiculous expectations, or paid positive ones.

IMG_7345.jpeg
IMG_7346.jpeg
IMG_7347.jpeg

Electric knife inherited from my in-laws. Dates to the early ‘60’s, I think.

I mainly use(d) it to slice homemade bread, but I don’t make much bread any more, and of course, the Thanksgiving turkey. It works quite well.

I love the additional appliances advertised on the back…mainly the lighter. :laugh:

View attachment 109393View attachment 109394View attachment 109395

Electric knife inherited from my in-laws. Dates to the early ‘60’s, I think.

I mainly use(d) it to slice homemade bread, but I don’t make much bread any more, and of course, the Thanksgiving turkey. It works quite well.

I love the additional appliances advertised on the back…mainly the lighter. :laugh:
Yup, the manual & the appliances featured in it are really retro!! It's good that you didn't get rid of the electric knife. It's a classic. Incidently, I use my electric knife for the same thing, carving a turkey breast!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom