Rice Cakes

pastawaaay

Local time
8:10 PM
Does anyone have a good recipe for rice cakes? I tried mixing rice with some water, salt and pepper then popping it in the air fryer. Its crispy but definitely not the same as those at the store. Can't seem to find a recipe online.

thanks! but I'm actually looking to make rice cakes they are closer to these. when I checked the ingredients list they apparently only used water, salt and rice
IMG_5151.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! but I'm actually looking to make rice cakes they are closer to these. when I checked the ingredients list they apparently only used water, salt and riceView attachment 102797
Having looked into it previously, I haven't found anything like those at all. We buy the same brand but with no added salt. We get through 2 or 3 packets a week.

I think they are made using a vacuum to pop the sticky rice (similar in concept to rice crispies if you know them). They are then made into a flat cake of a set thickness in a mold to get the perfect circle and then dehydrated, not cooked. But I could be completely wrong.

We sometimes get "rice cakes" from the fat lady's restaurant like this:

I have no idea how she makes them but I doubt that she has any special equipment.

Back
Top Bottom