Glaze:
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp mirin

Suggested flavorings/toppings (optional):
1-1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
or
1 tsp togarashi red chilli pepper mix

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. Line a 13x9 inch sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat.

Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix, mashing the rice, until a dough is formed, adding small amounts of water as needed.

20230317_144412.jpg

Divide dough into 12 approximately equal pieces and roll into balls. Place on sheet pan and flatten with your fingertips into slightly over 2 inch thin disks.

20230317_145059.jpg

Bake in oven for 6-7 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the crackers over using a spatula. Cook another 6-7 minutes. Mix glaze ingredients together. Remove crackers from oven, brush with glaze and return to oven for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Crackers will crisp as they cool.

Last edited:
I am trying to imagine the texture on these, light and crisp from the rice flour I would imagine. Where did you learn how to do this? I am going to give it a try.

I am trying to imagine the texture on these, light and crisp from the rice flour I would imagine. Where did you learn how to do this? I am going to give it a try.

They were very crispy and actually a little hard. Because of that, I cut down on the cooking time on the 2 original bakes when I wrote up the recipe. I left the post glaze time alone. Hopefully, that will leave them nice and crisp without the hardness.

I looked at several recipes and took some of the ingredients and technique from them and combined.

Back
Top Bottom