a pinch crushed red pepper flakes
salt and pepper, to taste
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
1 pound rigatoni pasta
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cups mozzarella, shredded

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400°F, 200°C, Gas mark 6*
  • Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground sirloin and diced onion and cook until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, crushed red pepper, and season with salt and pepper then sauté for another minute. Add the can of tomatoes, crushing the tomatoes with your hands.
  • Simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
  • In the meantime, cook the pasta until it’s slightly undercooked. Drain and set aside. Lightly oil a 9-inch springform pan. Spread a thin layer of sauce of the bottom of the pan, then tightly pack the rigatoni in the pan, standing the pasta on its ends.
  • Pour the sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the top evenly with mozzarella cheese, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
  • Bake approximately 30 minutes, until cheese is browned and bubbly. Top with fresh basil, if desired. Let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Adapted from Bev Cooks

http://livelovepasta.com/2013/04/rigatoni-pasta-pie/

*Or use this easy to use handy guide to work it out.
300px-Conversions-possibly.png

I think I pinned a similar recipe simply because I loved the way it looked. What's that at the bottom....Chemistry, physics?.....Time to call for help.

I think I pinned a similar recipe simply because I loved the way it looked. What's that at the bottom....Chemistry, physics?.....Time to call for help.
It's as simple guide to help work/convert the temperatures out!

Back
Top Bottom