Risotto

Your risotto looks great. Sorry to say it TR, but you are too recipe focussed. Making risotto is a labour of love, requiring feeding and gentle massage. Forget the timings. You seem to have nailed it already, so throw away your recipes and proceed by touch and taste!

I have not made risotto, but it seems from cooking videos I have watched, that you start out with a recipe, and make adjustments as you cook, because every batch is a little different. Cooks who religiously follow recipes will have some anxiety over that, but it seems to be the way to go.

CD

As “bad risotto” over here (especially in Lombardy which along with Piedmont, risotto is a traditional dish) we consider a risotto too much dry good for making arancini or croquettes, or too much creamy, good for a soup. It’s not properly about the taste - unless not even the taste is ok.
It’s a balance of things, starting from the best rice to use to the broth to the rice toasting (this is an important point)and a couple of tricks like the cold butter at the end of cooking.

Last edited:
It's hardly rocket science. One of my faves is 3rd down Turkey neck risotto. A Turkey gizzard risotto is on the cards soon.https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/turkey-neck-risotto.19274/

Back
Top Bottom