Road Trip Foods

So my mate butcher and I decided were going to Auckland for the weekend in the next month. It will coincide with a night at the trots. He used to bred and race as well. My bestie david aka dafyd and I usually go up but butcher wants to go with me.
Plane trip is 1 1/×2 hrs then will hire a car.
We will plan it later in the week. No food to take with us. Normally coffee and a biscuit on plane. They are doing cheap fares atm.

Russ

If you get that motorhome, you'll bee able to stop just about anywhere, and walk back to the kitchen to make lunch, and eat it at a table at your leisure.

CD
Errrr, don't rub it in, she probably isn't going to get one anytime soon judging from the way the markets have been behaving :banghead: Her hubby took a look and after he had said yes originally, quickly backtracked due to that :headshake:

In the UK it is over twice the price of current US prices, if my maths are correct.
Yeah, but we drive twice as far, so it all evens out. :wink:

The most I’ve paid on this trip is $4.75/gallon, but I’ve seen it as high as $5.05/gallon.

Yes, with the price of fuel, it's making road trips prohibitive.
We were just talking about it last night in fact, that not only is gasoline high, but have you checked the prices of hotel/motels lately?
We looked up one of favorite places to stay and it's doubled in price since 2019!!
I can see raising the prices a bit over 3 years time, but double?

Yes, with the price of fuel, it's making road trips prohibitive.
We were just talking about it last night in fact, that not only is gasoline high, but have you checked the prices of hotel/motels lately?
We looked up one of favorite places to stay and it's doubled in price since 2019!!
I can see raising the prices a bit over 3 years time, but double?

Rental cars are the worse. I can fly to Houston and back for 300-something bucks. To rent a car in Houston for week is 800 to 1000 bucks.

CD

Rental cars are the worse. I can fly to Houston and back for 300-something bucks. To rent a car in Houston for week is 800 to 1000 bucks.

CD
When we booked our flight to go back to Hawaii this year, I couldn't even get a rental car ... we cancelled the trip, AGAIN! :(

Back
Top Bottom