Rolling Pin Recommendations?

If you could only have one rolling pin which would you choose?

• Old fashioned with handle at each end

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • dowel

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • stainless steel dowel type

• marble

• silicone with mat

• adjustable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wooden french classic

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Yes I was a board Director of G F Pennington , the company started life as an office furniture retailer. We would steal there old furniture clean it up and re sell it. We cotton on when a freelance prop buyer working for Granada Mcr came in to prop a hospital program. We then would clear houses factories etc for props. When put about three articulated lorry loads in total into Coronation Street. Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights not only used our props but filmed in some of our bldgs. We did Shameless from the start etc etc etc. I sold my shares in about 20 years ago when my health started failing for the first time This is the last one I took interest in because Coogan interested me . Many off our staff worked as extras when they had days off.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_qjqdiJGrI

That is one of the supposed benefits of the stainless steel. You put it in the freezer before rolling out pastry.

There is another type of rolling pin which is hollow glass (pyrex I think) or ceramic with stoppers each end. I used to have one. The idea is to fill the rolling pin with ice cubes so that it keeps the pastry cool. TBH I rarely bothered to do that..

In which case I do have one. I only bought it recently (I don't think it was described as French). It is a very narrow one, tapered at each end and is supposed to be for making pasta.

Well I know you are all waiting with bated breath to know what I chose. I went with a classic wood french and there was also a dowel on sale which came with two ravioli thingies (they looked like molds?) for only $10 so I got that too. I've never made ravioli but my wife likes it and is very choosy about the type so maybe I can make some she likes. Can one freeze ravioli? I'm assuming you can.

Here's mine. An oxo white.

Back
Top Bottom