Rosemary butter

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:53 PM
My wife gave away a pile of Rosemary the other day, to a Brazilian lady who said her husband makes Rosemary butter for their lamb. I've been thinking about it, should I just chop and mash it into the butter or try and infuse?? I could giggle it but someone here may steer me in the right direction. HELP??

Russ

I love compound butter. I use whatever herbs I have in the garden. Basil, thyme, dill, rosemary, chives, whatever. I do mince the rosemary very fine. Just stir the herbs in with room temp butter. Roll in plastic wrap to make a log or put in a silicon candy mold for a pretty shape. If you use a mold freeze the butter, remove from the mold and keep in a zip bag or sealed container. Fresh is definitely better than dried.
For the holidays I made warm spice butter. Room temp butter with warm spices - cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, all spice, ginger. My family went nuts. Used it on warm bread and on baked sweet potatoes.

I love compound butter. I use whatever herbs I have in the garden. Basil, thyme, dill, rosemary, chives, whatever. I do mince the rosemary very fine. Just stir the herbs in with room temp butter. Roll in plastic wrap to make a log or put in a silicon candy mold for a pretty shape. If you use a mold freeze the butter, remove from the mold and keep in a zip bag or sealed container. Fresh is definitely better than dried.
For the holidays I made warm spice butter. Room temp butter with warm spices - cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, all spice, ginger. My family went nuts. Used it on warm bread and on baked sweet potatoes.

Thanks, I will roll it and freeze. Same as I do my horse radish.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom