Recipe Rotel Cheese and Beef Dip

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
10:22 AM
This is a heartier version of the regular Rotel Cheese Dip, and looks really good. I love the meatless version, so I know this will probably become one of my favorites, and will be great to make for holiday parties. It's easy to make, and involves a crock pot, so it will stay warm for a holiday buffet.

https://snapguide.com/guides/cook-a-velveeta-cheese-dip-in-the-crock-pot/

rotel beef dip.jpg

MOD EDIT: Recipe added

Ingredients
1 Block of Velveeta cheese
1 Pounds Ground beef
¼ Cups Milk
2 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilies
Crock pot
Corn tortilla chips

Method
  1. Cut the velveeta cheese bar into cubes.
  2. After you have cut up the cheese into cubes place them in the crock pot along with the milk. Set the crock pot on high for 4 hrs. It will take less than that for the cheese to melt.
  3. As you wait for the cheese to melt you can go ahead and cook your ground beef as usual. I added a bit of pepper. After the ground beef is fully cooked you will have to drain the excess juice.
  4. Once your cheese has melted completely you can gradually add the ground beef and the rotel. I drained the juice from the rotel!
  5. Mix these three ingredients well. Make sure to mix as you gradually add the meat and rotel to the cheese!
  6. Set your crock pot on warm. Enjoy with some corn tortilla chips!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, cool, Diane. I've had the original version many times, but I can't say I've ever had it with meat. I bet my husband would enjoy this. I might have to make him some at halftime one of these Sunday afternoons. He's been asking for a new football snack, and this could work! Extra points because it's easy. :D

I am not sure I have had rotel beef dip but it I have had the cheese dip on a number of occasions and it was very good. I think the beef dip would be good for holiday parties and special occasions. It sounds like something I would like, and my friends would too. Thanks for sharing that recipe. It looks like a winner!

That looks tasty and I bet it tastes very good when you add in the beef. I am a fan of the dip you make with Rotel and Velveeta. I usually make this dip and add a dollap to potato soup when I make it to make the soup more creamy and have that cheesy bite to it, something my OH thought of. Bacon is another great ingredient to add to Rotel cheese dip as well...oh my mouth is watering and I have a can of Rotel in the pantry, if only I had some Velveeta!

That looks tasty and I bet it tastes very good when you add in the beef. I am a fan of the dip you make with Rotel and Velveeta. I usually make this dip and add a dollap to potato soup when I make it to make the soup more creamy and have that cheesy bite to it, something my OH thought of. Bacon is another great ingredient to add to Rotel cheese dip as well...oh my mouth is watering and I have a can of Rotel in the pantry, if only I had some Velveeta!

@Rosyrain I have put this over baked potatoes, and I'll bet it would also be great over fries, sort of like chili cheese fries. That would probably work for @Zyni's hubby's halftime snacks, as well.

@kgord, Yes, the regular non-beef one is great for parties and barbecues, so I'm sure this would be a big hit, also. I've made it for holiday parties, just not for a holiday dinner, since I've got so many recipes we've all gotten used to eating over the years.

It would also be nice to serve this with homemade tortilla chips, and here's a recipe for fried ones. Many of the recipes that come up when you search will be baked tortilla chips, so those are pretty easy to find, but I like this one:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NvTpRpeTgI

Oh, these sound like great ideas. I never thought of trying it over fries instead of chili fries. For "loaded" baked potatoes too.

I should make those homemade chips too. I haven't had any of those in ages.

Gonna make it for my hubby soon, @Diane Lane! I know he'll love it. Especially with the ground beef in there - because honestly, he's a meat lover and a dip that contains meat is probably his idea of heaven in a crock pot!

Right? He sounds like my husband. If it doesn't have meat in it, it isn't food.

I've always liked the original Rotel dip, but now I"m going to try this one. I think I'll see what other variations I can come up with as well. This would make a good holiday dip too, and the holidays are quickly sneaking up on us!

Rotel dip is one of my husband's favorite dips. It's pretty much a given that it will be made on any big game day. We usually make the heartier version...and we take it one step further by using a packet of taco seasoning and preparing the meat as if we were making tacos before adding it to the mix.

I can't wait to try my hand at making my own tortilla chips. I think it'll be fun! I'd love to try to make my own tortillas one day too. Thanks, Diane Lane, for sharing the video!

Back
Top Bottom