Sad Food?

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
11:13 AM
Food can be of great comfort to us when we are feeling down and sad. Some people call it comfort food, because whatever it is that we eat provides us with a little comfort. What is your favorite go to sad food? When I am feeling sad, I like to eat a nice hot bowl of potato soup. Chocolate cake is my go to sad dessert!

Cake of course any cake, or ice cream. Preferably chocolate. With chocolate sauce. And chocolate chips.:laugh:

I'd have to say ice cream and brownies. Depending on the day I could go either way. Ice cream is easier because I can just stop by the store and get it without having to do any real work though. But I'll admit to making and eating way more brownies than I should have because I was in a crummy mood.

Chocolate. I can't escape from chocolate. It always seems to find me and urge me to devour large amounts of it. Well, nowadays I can control myself a lot better, but it used to be a pretty terrifying sight to watch me eat that stuff in the past. The problem was that I was trying to completely eliminate it from my diet and that resulted in me craving it more than ever. Still, I'm thankful that I don't go reaching for sodas, french fries or things like that.

The controversial biscuits and gravy is a great comfort food; very starchy with lots of fat. Also macaroni and cheese. And I had to admit it, but nothing beats the blues like a Big Mac with a large fries and a big dish of ranch dressing to dip them in.

And when all else fails, chocolate, of course. For dessert. After the burger and fries are gone.

My sad food would be instant noodles. It becomes sadder when I get guilty from all the bad calories I'm going to gain from eating instant noodles. And sadder still that it has so many artificial ingredients that may cause cancer or something...

My sad food would be instant noodles. It becomes sadder when I get guilty from all the bad calories I'm going to gain from eating instant noodles. And sadder still that it has so many artificial ingredients that may cause cancer or something...
Not Maggi noodles?

I would have to go with chocolate, too. When I am feeling down and I need a boast, I have to have some chocolate. It can be a simple chocolate bar, some chocolate ice cream or even better chocolate cake, with chocolate icing, topped with chocolate ice cream. That is the ultimate pick me up on those not so good days.

I can't eat at all if I'm sad!:cry:
In that case, you should consider yourself lucky. A lot of people treat food as a way to comfort themselves in overly stressful situations (or "sad" moments). I'm also kind of like that, although I try to manage my emotions in better ways nowadays (still failing occassionally...).

Back
Top Bottom