Serves 4, Preparation time 1 hour, Cooking time 2/3 minutes

• 220 g. hard wheat semolina
  • 60 g tender wheat flour
  • 1.5 l. of water
  • 500 g. of red potatoes
  • 150 g of Sardinian Pecorino
  • 13/14 leaves of mint
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Extra virgin olive oil to taste (EVOO)
  • salt to taste
Method

Place the 2 sifted flours in the fountain, pour some warm water and a pinch of salt.
Knead until you get a homogeneous and elastic compound, adding water if needed, then transfer to a large bowl covered with transparent film and let it rest for half an hour.

In the meantime, let's prepare the stuffing: bake the potatoes, with all the peel, in a pot full of water. Once cooked, play them, crush them and let them cool in a bowl.

Now chop both the garlic and the mint. In a pan, put a little EVOO and let brown the garlic for few minutes, and then pour all over the potatoes crushed.
Add grated pecorino cheese and chopped mint. Carefully mix this compound, adding 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO.

When half an hour has passed, take the dough back and lay it off. With the help of a glass made some circles, each of which will have a little potato filling.

Close each circles by releasing the air, pinching them and forming an ear of wheat and sealing the edges carefully so as not to let the filling during the cooking.

Boil the water, add a little salt and plunge Culurgiones.
When they come up, it means they're ready and you can get them out.

You can eat them without seasoning, only with a grated cheese, or, as I prefer, with a basil tomato sauce.
Culurgiones, Sardinian ravioli.jpg

Very lovely. I notice use use a mix of semolina and flour - in fact, more semolina than flour. I used semolina with my ravioli in the Cookalong but they came out looking a bit 'grainy'. I'm thinking that my semolina is too coarse?

Serves 4, Preparation time 1 hour, Cooking time 2/3 minutes

• 220 g. hard wheat semolina
  • 60 g tender wheat flour
  • 1.5 l. of water
  • 500 g. of red potatoes
  • 150 g of Sardinian Pecorino
  • 13/14 leaves of mint
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • Extra virgin olive oil to taste (EVOO)
  • salt to taste
Method

Place the 2 sifted flours in the fountain, pour some warm water and a pinch of salt.
Knead until you get a homogeneous and elastic compound, adding water if needed, then transfer to a large bowl covered with transparent film and let it rest for half an hour.

In the meantime, let's prepare the stuffing: bake the potatoes, with all the peel, in a pot full of water. Once cooked, play them, crush them and let them cool in a bowl.

Now chop both the garlic and the mint. In a pan, put a little EVOO and let brown the garlic for few minutes, and then pour all over the potatoes crushed.
Add grated pecorino cheese and chopped mint. Carefully mix this compound, adding 2-3 tablespoons of EVOO.

When half an hour has passed, take the dough back and lay it off. With the help of a glass made some circles, each of which will have a little potato filling.

Close each circles by releasing the air, pinching them and forming an ear of wheat and sealing the edges carefully so as not to let the filling during the cooking.

Boil the water, add a little salt and plunge Culurgiones.
When they come up, it means they're ready and you can get them out.

You can eat them without seasoning, only with a grated cheese, or, as I prefer, with a basil tomato sauce.
View attachment 8160

@MypinchofItaly

Absolutely amazingly beautiful ..

Have a lovely evening.
@ 23.15 ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Very lovely. I notice use use a mix of semolina and flour - in fact, more semolina than flour. I used semolina with my ravioli in the Cookalong but they came out looking a bit 'grainy'. I'm thinking that my semolina is too coarse?

@morning glory

Did you sift your flour ?

If not, this is why your texture was too course perhaps ..

Absolutely a true gem of a récipe and so simple ..

Could their semolina be ground differently than yours? I noticed she said hard wheat semolina, could yours be a different type of wheat?

I had to think about the fountain. Also play the potato. I got them worked out.

Back
Top Bottom