Sausage machine.

Saranak

Local time
2:58 PM
Ciao a tutti,
I think I get sausage machine to make own, can use cheap cut of meats. I think I order this one.
Do any one have and are any good?
Sarana x

We have an LEM Mighty Bite grinder and a vertical 5 pound hand crank sausage stuffer.

We've decided we're not buying ground meat at the grocery anymore. Craig goes to the restaurant supply place and buys packages of meat there and then we break down into roasts, chunks for stews, grind some and vacupack at home. It's a bit of work even with the grinder, but it's cheaper and we know for sure what's going into the ground meat.

We have an LEM Mighty Bite grinder and a vertical 5 pound hand crank sausage stuffer.

We've decided we're not buying ground meat at the grocery anymore. Craig goes to the restaurant supply place and buys packages of meat there and then we break down into roasts, chunks for stews, grind some and vacupack at home. It's a bit of work even with the grinder, but it's cheaper and we know for sure what's going into the ground meat.
Is that profession thing?

Sarana x

Sarana
We have both a grinder and a stuffer. Both belonged to my Dad. Both are large, very heavy and probably professional grade. I have not researched the grinder but the stuffer is a cast iron hand crank dating from the 1940's/50's.
We use them enough to justify having them. It is a messy process and takes a little practice, especially the stuffing part.
In addition to medtran49 I am pretty sure that The Late Night Gourmet has one. Probably several others are well. You should be able to get lots of advice on makes and models.
George hunts so we use it to make venison sausage and ground meat. G picks up pork shoulder roast when he finds them on sale (.99 per lb) . We make fresh pork sausage. Last year we experimented with Italian sausage
Once you get the hang of your machine the fun part is trying out different ways to season the sausage and ground meat. George likes to make venison/pork breakfast sausage patties.
Good luck with your quest.

Sarana
We have both a grinder and a stuffer. Both belonged to my Dad. Both are large, very heavy and probably professional grade. I have not researched the grinder but the stuffer is a cast iron hand crank dating from the 1940's/50's.
We use them enough to justify having them. It is a messy process and takes a little practice, especially the stuffing part.
In addition to medtran49 I am pretty sure that The Late Night Gourmet has one. Probably several others are well. You should be able to get lots of advice on makes and models.
George hunts so we use it to make venison sausage and ground meat. G picks up pork shoulder roast when he finds them on sale (.99 per lb) . We make fresh pork sausage. Last year we experimented with Italian sausage
Once you get the hang of your machine the fun part is trying out different ways to season the sausage and ground meat. George likes to make venison/pork breakfast sausage patties.
Good luck with your quest.
Grazie Elizabeth,
I believe old is best made to last. I am look to if can not get make. I do see so many different one I imagine some better than other. I think good way use cheap meat cut.
I grateful for advice.
Sarana x

Is that profession thing?

Sarana x

No not professional, but started out as a means to make our own Cajun sausage that we couldn't find locally. ElizabethB and her husband are Cajuns. I fell in love with Cajun cuisine and music while working out of Louisiana back in the 70's. Andouille and Boudin sausages are both Cajun staples. Also a cured "ham" called Tasso we make at home. The Andouille and Tasso are finished by smoking. We also make sausages from other cuisines. When making Andouille, we usually make 20 pounds or more at a time.

We also ground beef. Most grocery stores here don't grind their own lamb, so we do it at home. The grinder also works well grinding conch.

Back
Top Bottom