Savings Apps

DancingLady

Veteran
Local time
2:59 AM
I currently use several apps on my ipod touch to save a little extra on food. They are Checkout 51 and Snap for cash back offers and Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal which give points for receipts for any groceries. Receipt pal also takes receipts from anywhere, not just grocery. There are several other apps out there that you can use if you have a smart phone or can receive texts. Feel free to message me if you would like a referral to the apps I am using, I would really appreciate the extra help if anyone is interested.

I love the apps. I should probably be using more than one. I currently use the Ibotta app. I haven't redeemed money yet but there is money in my account. I love saving money any way that I can. I have heard about Checkout51.

in the uk we get loads of programmes that originate in the USA about extreme couponing,does this really happen that people collect hundreds of dollars of vouchers and then exchange them for trollies full of multiple items ?

in the uk we get loads of programmes that originate in the USA about extreme couponing,does this really happen that people collect hundreds of dollars of vouchers and then exchange them for trollies full of multiple items ?
I think it probably does. Mad but true. Probably not as widespread as it seems. Our American friends will let us know! I do a bit of 'coupling' because I collect Tesco points. There are good deals when you convert them to vouchers. For example, I got a self-catering cottage in Norfolk for two nights for £45 It would have been £145 normally, but you get £100 off the price with vouchers. :)

I think it probably does. Mad but true. Probably not as widespread as it seems. Our American friends will let us know! I do a bit of 'coupling' because I collect Tesco points. There are good deals when you convert them to vouchers. For example, I got a self-catering cottage in Norfolk for two nights for £45 It would have been £145 normally, but you get £100 off the price with vouchers. :)
I hate this automatic spelling correction. Please stand corrected: I do not do 'coupling'! :oops:I (obviously?) meant 'couponing'.:okay:

I think it probably does. Mad but true. Probably not as widespread as it seems. Our American friends will let us know! I do a bit of 'couponing' because I collect Tesco points. There are good deals when you convert them to vouchers. For example, I got a self-catering cottage in Norfolk for two nights for £45 It would have been £145 normally, but you get £100 off the price with vouchers. :)
We get loads of the tesco vouchers ,as we use their credit card and use them on the 4x exchange rate for eating out with my sons ,either chimichanga or prezzos goes done well with them

most devices do not like the word couponing ,so they will change the spelling,use the edit button before any one sees next time ,I have to change spell corrections a lot as I'm always mobile,with a small keyboard and clumsy fingers

We get loads of the tesco vouchers ,as we use their credit card and use them on the 4x exchange rate for eating out with my sons ,either chimichanga or prezzos goes done well with them
I used to do that when my kids were younger but as I'm not keen on the food in those chains I don't any more. The better I've got at cooking, the less I want to eat out! It sounds a bit arrogant, but I'm fed up with the number of occasions I've been disappointed because I know I could have cooked something better! There are exceptions, of course. Don't you find that, being a Professional Chef?

most devices do not like the word couponing ,so they will change the spelling,use the edit button before any one sees next time ,I have to change spell corrections a lot as I'm always mobile,with a small keyboard and clumsy fingers
Yeah, I actually thought that particular mistake was really funny! :laugh: I normally turn spelling correction off as I'm good at spelling and find correcting the corrections irritating! But I'm on a new computer and haven't yet figured out how to do it.

I used to do that when my kids were younger but as I'm not keen on the food in those chains I don't any more. The better I've got at cooking, the less I want to eat out! It sounds a bit arrogant, but I'm fed up with the number of occasions I've been disappointed because I know I could have cooked something better! There are exceptions, of course. Don't you find that, being a Professional Chef?
Meeting friends to eat out can be a equal distance affair and something for every one ,we seem to either go posh or the upper classes pizza if you can call them posh like prezzo ,or wagamamma is always a hit and my lads like chimichanga who are taking tesco vouchers at the present,the thing with the chains is they should be consistent ,I know that's not always the case,I always say I go to restaurants as a social thing,yes they could all come to me sit in the garden drink some good wine,eat good food but it's a bus mans holiday for me

With these apps mentioned above, do you just type in your receipt information to get money on your account, or do you have to download and use coupons? I could probably make some money using these apps, but do not have a printer at the moment if I am required to print and use coupons.

I hate this automatic spelling correction. Please stand corrected: I do not do 'coupling'! :oops:I (obviously?) meant 'couponing'.:okay:
:laugh: :cheers:

You do have the ability to edit your own posts you know!
And better still if you manage to before someone points it out to you!

Under your own entry there are some orangey brown words... Edit, Delete, Report. All do what they say on the tin... Just click it and experiment! You can't go too far wrong and if you do, just use the report button and let me know...

Under your own entry there are some orangey brown words... Edit, Delete, Report. All do what they say on the tin... Just click it and experiment! You can't go too far wrong and if you do, just use the report button and let me know...

I do a lot of posts from my cell phone and have issues with the auto correct as well. The edit button has become my best friend on here. Like SatNav said, just hit the edit button after you have made your post and it will bring up a box with your post in it and you can correct what you need to.

On the apps topic, I just downloaded the Receipt Hog app and have already earned 115 points just by doing the introductory points earning. It looks like you just take a picture of your receipts and the points get added to your account. 1000 points equals a $5 Amazon gift card or $5 cash to PayPal. With as many groceries as I buy, it is nice to see I will earn a little money back.

I have used the delete before but haven't tried edit yet. Can you edit at any time or is it only within a time-frame? I say this because I sometimes only notice typos later!!

I have used the delete before but haven't tried edit yet. Can you edit at any time or is it only within a time-frame? I say this because I sometimes only notice typos later!!
You have five minutes to make a correction, before the system marks the post as edited.
After that, I think you can edit upto a year later.

Just checked and I can edit a post from last September.

No marker saying this post edited.
There should be now though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom