Savings Apps

You have five minutes to make a correction, before the system marks the post as edited.
After that, I think you can edit upto a year later.

Just checked and I can edit a post from last September.

No marker saying this post edited.
Sorry,I don't understand:unsure:. If you have only five minutes to edit and then it marks the post edited, why was there 'No marker saying this post edited' when you edited post from September? Oh dear! How convoluted a sentence was that?

P.S. I feel like I've entered an virtual reality, where things might be or might not be as they were, and where I can change what I've done (wish it were so in real-life)...:scratchhead::eek:

Went and viewed a post from September. The edit facility was still there.
Only older posts are over a year old. No edit button/option on them.

Check the post you quoted, it should now be showing edited. Because its more than five minutes since it was first posted.

Went and viewed a post from September. The edit facility was still there.
Only older posts are over a year old. No edit button/option on them.

Check the post you quoted, it should now be showing edited. Because its more than five minutes since it was first posted.
Ok. I get it. Checked the post I quoted, You have added a sentence and it says 'last edited 2 minutes ago'.

I'll just add that the time frame for being able to edit a post depends on how long you have been a member. The longer you have been a member, the greater the time frame you have to edit a post. In other words, the system trusts you more! Although I can't actually tell you exactly what those time frames are.

I'll just add that the time frame for being able to edit a post depends on how long you have been a member. The longer you have been a member, the greater the time frame you have to edit a post. In other words, the system trusts you more! Although I can't actually tell you exactly what those time frames are.
Aaaah go on!

There is a five minute window, immediately after you post, in which you can edit a post without the "Edited" marker being displayed. This gives you an opportunity to correct your post if you notice something straight away that needs tweaking.

For general editing time windows; new members get 30 minutes, established members 24 hours, and long-term members get 365 days.

Back
Top Bottom