Scotch eggs anyone?

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
7:52 PM
I've just made 4 scotch eggs, one for my mate butcher, two for daughter and her partner, and one for my wife's lunch tomorrow.
I should do a double batch they are so popular.
450 gms of sausage meat gave me four, these are just out of the deep frier. Od love to cut open to show but I can't, they aren't mine,lol.

Russ

I lay cling film out on the bench, drop dollops of meat down, spread out with wet hands, then a bit tomato relish on top, then roll egg in flour and wrap sausage meat around, roll in bread crumbs then fry.

Russ

Yep. I love me a good Scotch Egg and do make them every few months. My eldest son, who is an 'eat to live' kind of guy even mutters something about how much he likes them.

I use Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages and squeeze all the meat out and it usually works out about 1 sausage per egg. The bit I hate is shelling the eggs.

Yep. I love me a good Scotch Egg and do make them every few months. My eldest son, who is an 'eat to live' kind of guy even mutters something about how much he likes them.

I use Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausages and squeeze all the meat out and it usually works out about 1 sausage per egg. The bit I hate is shelling the eggs.
we get sausage meat in tubes of 450 gms. Sausage rolls and meatloaf, which I love.

Russ

The ultimate Scotch egg should have a runny yolk.... somewhere I have one I made on the forum. Will look later...

Back
Top Bottom