Recipe Scotch Eggs

That's interesting. Use the shaking method then! It does seem to work.

I was told that the method outlined above prevents the green tingue which occasionally materialises around the perimeter of the yolk. And it appears to work in my cases.

I was told that the method outlined above prevents the green tingue which occasionally materialises around the perimeter of the yolk. And it appears to work in my cases.
That's good. I presume you mean green tinge and not green tongue (which is how I read your typo) .:laugh: There is now a whole other thread about boiling and peeling eggs! But so far not many entries for the recipe challenge...

That's good. I presume you mean green tinge and not green tongue (which is how I read your typo) .:laugh: There is now a whole other thread about boiling and peeling eggs! But so far not many entries for the recipe challenge...

Oooops!

Unfortunately all my current egg recipes/dishes have already been posted elsewhere in the forum so are not eligible :cry::cry::cry:

Oooops!

Unfortunately all my current egg recipes/dishes have already been posted elsewhere in the forum so are not eligible :cry::cry::cry:
You had better invent a new one then - or adapt one of them! Eggs are very versatile... I can't believe that you can't come up with a twist on an existing recipe. I'm counting on you!:D

I had thought of Taiwanese tea eggs which I had in Taipei in the 90's but I've tried before and although they were not a disaster, they looked nothing like these:

f569292213ce19d369969a58370c281b.jpg

Actually the ones I had in Taipei were pretty tasteless. However, I had been out drinking copious quantities of beer with a bunch of Chinese contractors and it was 01:00 in the morning.

At 01.00 in the morning after drinking copious quantities of beer, tea eggs aren't going to hit the spot! Maybe fried eggs and bacon. But not tea eggs.:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom