Seared Tuna Pairing Question

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
8:01 AM
My son and I take turns hosting brunch for each other. I am wanting to do something a little different. Keep in mind, we "LOVE" eggs.

Seared, blackened Tuna Tostada's, layered with smashed avocado, seared tuna, and pico de gallo.

How do you think these Seared Tuna Tostada's would taste with a poached egg on top of them?

Should I forgo the eggs altogether? serve them on the sides? ect.....

Thanks,

DO IT!
I might suggest something leafy too - I love Arugula Micro Greens with fried Eggs ... don't know it I'd bother with poached Eggs, but I'm terrible at poached Eggs.

I like having some type of greens to go with it. Arugula can be expensive here, but I will see what options I have.

I like the idea of doing these on a tostada. That will bring the perfect crunch factor that we love!.

detroitdad I'd like to add, I think that's great that you and your Son host each other for Brunch!

We "try" and do it every weekend. Life gets in the way sometimes. Last week he hosted. He made crepes. They were delicious. Especially the dessert ones! Then we played video games for a few hours. Tomorrow I will cook. We will probably play chess, and get the dogs out for a walk. Both of our wives usually work weekends. It is a perfect time to catch up.

PXL_20231216_124138657.jpg

The best pizza I had was a tuna pizza from a little restaurant in naples. It blew my mind. It didn't have cheese on it! It was also really floppy and paper thin.
Another really good pizza I had had an egg cracked onto the middle of it.

1 + 1 .... do a red tuna pizza with egg on it.

AH-YUM!!!
What is that sauce?

It was a lemon aioli with a hint of garlic and cilantro.

Here is how I built it.

English Muffin
avocado spread (lightly heated)
baby arugula (need a touch more)
drizzle of the lemon aioli
Tuna Steak slices
Egg
Lemon Aioli
fresh sliced jalapenos

Overall, it was a fun and creative new dish that I have never made. Hell, I kind of came up with it. Which I don't do very often with new dishes. Usually there is some type of research. I figured, heck with it. Lets give it a try.

I think the lemon aioli was a tad to much. I think the egg yolk would have provided enough creaminess. That is really my only complaint.

Back
Top Bottom