Shaking up Salmon

cupcakechef

Veteran
Local time
3:01 PM
Japan (expat by way of Australia and USA)
Salmon is one of the fishes that I've grown to love eating since moving to Japan a couple of years ago. In saying that though, I usually just bake it with some lemon pepper and a drizzle of olive oil - and don't get me wrong, it's delicious when prepared like that, but I'm wondering about some new ways of preparing it!

Like anything in life, a change can be as good as a holiday, and I'd love to hear your suggestions or recommendations on ways that I can shake up my routine and give some new life to my salmon! :)

Well. here is a suggestion you pan fry the wedged salmon or steak include the skin once fried to your desire set aside. stir fry some onion rings to the skillet you used and once translucent add a dash of soy sauce and some juice of lemon, add some salt and pepper or a pinch of sugar if you like, this will be your sauce for the steak and sprinkle it with some parsley

Try baking it with a mayonnaise and herb sauce. Mayonnaise is not the healthiest thing in the world, but it makes the fish turn out so moist and adds the perfect amount of salt to the meat. Add herbs with it and it is melt in your mouth goodness

Like you, I usually just add lemon and black pepper. However, it is really nice with a teriyaki glaze. It is also nice broken into pieces and added to pasta tossed in cream cheese with some broccoli florets. Cream and dill sauce is nice too.

There are a few things you can do with Salmon. One thing i love is to mound brown sugar on it, add a bit of cumin and bake or even broil or grill. The brown sugar melts and adds a nice glaze. Also a marninade with equal parts soy sauce and honey is also tasty with salmon.

I like salmon and white rice although I have not had it in a while. I just make a sauce that includes some sort of tomato either fresh or canned, onions, garlic, sometimes a small amount of butter, thyme and whatever herbs and spices the spirit leads me to add. For me it's one of those dishes that has no choice but to be delicious and quick.

There are a few things you can do with Salmon. One thing i love is to mound brown sugar on it, add a bit of cumin and bake or even broil or grill. The brown sugar melts and adds a nice glaze. Also a marninade with equal parts soy sauce and honey is also tasty with salmon.

Cumin is one of my favorite spices so this sounds really good to me - and I like the fact that the brown sugar would make a bit of a glaze! Does it turn somewhat crispy?

One of my most favorite salmon dishes I ever had at a restaurant was a grilled salmon with a black cherry sauce. It seemed so bizarre to me at the time to pair cherries with salmon, but it totally worked. The sauce was a really dark purple in color, and it wasn't just sweet and tart, but also savory. I'm fairly certain there was some chicken broth and wine in it, as well as butter. I've seen some recipes for similar sauces online, but I haven't tried to make it on my own yet.

Years ago when I was trying to diet, I was eating a lot of baked salmon and getting bored with just the usual salt and pepper and lemon as well. So for a change of pace, I started grinding up walnuts and tossing them in some butter to make a crunchy topping for the salmon while it baked.

A restaurant I used to work at made a compound butter with rosemary that they topped their salmon with, which was also really good. They would sear it in a skillet in butter, then top it with caramelized onions and the rosemary compound butter.

I also love salmon like you. I don't know about mixing it up though because I think the best way to eat salmon is raw with a little soy sauce and wasabe but once in a while I also enjoy eating grilled salmon with S&P and lemon on the side. You can also spice up your sour cream dip with a little salmon and celery.

This sounds really good. I have never had it this way but I have had the candied dried salmon which is really good. I am going to try this the next time I pick up salmon at the market.

One of my most favorite salmon dishes I ever had at a restaurant was a grilled salmon with a black cherry sauce. It seemed so bizarre to me at the time to pair cherries with salmon, but it totally worked. The sauce was a really dark purple in color, and it wasn't just sweet and tart, but also savory. I'm fairly certain there was some chicken broth and wine in it, as well as butter. I've seen some recipes for similar sauces online, but I haven't tried to make it on my own yet.

Years ago when I was trying to diet, I was eating a lot of baked salmon and getting bored with just the usual salt and pepper and lemon as well. So for a change of pace, I started grinding up walnuts and tossing them in some butter to make a crunchy topping for the salmon while it baked.

A restaurant I used to work at made a compound butter with rosemary that they topped their salmon with, which was also really good. They would sear it in a skillet in butter, then top it with caramelized onions and the rosemary compound butter.

Oh, perfect! Thanks for this. I was just about to make a thread asking what to do with salmon when I found this one. I've also been trying to incorporate some walnuts (for the health benefits) even though they aren't my favorite of all nuts. I thought about grinding them finely and adding them to something, so here I can kill two birds with one stone... dress up some salmon and "get nuts" ha ha. Thanks!

Cumin is one of my favorite spices so this sounds really good to me - and I like the fact that the brown sugar would make a bit of a glaze! Does it turn somewhat crispy?
It depends, on how it is cooked, if it is grilled it does sometimes make a little bit of a crust. I tend to grill salmon a lot as I really don't like the smell of salmon in the house...I can tolerate it in the oven, but if it is microwaved, it really stinks...so I most often choose to grill salmon when I have the opportunity. It is one of the things that is healthy so I need to make more of it!

Mix up some maple syrup, garlic powder or finely minced garlic, soy sauce and a little bit of your preferred oil. Add this to your salmon when baking it. It comes out divine! I've tried this over and over, and I've decided I prefer it with roasted garlic instead of the usual garlic. Takes a little bit longer, but that way i get to roast up some potatoes to go along with it.

Salmon is one of the fishes that I've grown to love eating since moving to Japan a couple of years ago. In saying that though, I usually just bake it with some lemon pepper and a drizzle of olive oil - and don't get me wrong, it's delicious when prepared like that, but I'm wondering about some new ways of preparing it!

Like anything in life, a change can be as good as a holiday, and I'd love to hear your suggestions or recommendations on ways that I can shake up my routine and give some new life to my salmon! :)
One of my favorite fish to eat is salmon. I have a few recipes to share with you. Hopefully you will be back sometime soon and see them.

this is a great butter for the fish.
http://www.copymethat.com/r/tUcAGHe/grilled-salmon-with-citrus-dill-butter/

easy no clean up
http://www.copymethat.com/r/wlxV8aK/lemon-and-herb-salmon-packets/

http://www.copymethat.com/r/Voc7L8F/panfried-salmon-with-pinot-noir-sauce/

http://www.copymethat.com/r/U2NPI4U/slammin-salmon-ar-aytom/

Leftovers are great in this dish

http://www.copymethat.com/r/qxSVkoh/salmon-and-bow-ties-with-tarragon-mustar/

Back
Top Bottom