Shepherds pie for dinner

Speak for yourself!:hyper: We eat lamb quite often. Yes, American raised lamb isn't my choice. I look for New Zealand or Aussie raised lamb.

I either eat Aussie lamb, or I get some from a local (back in Connecticut) farmer. I LOVE the stuff. My parents loved the stuff, and passed that down to me.

And yes, shepherds herd sheep, not cattle, so my shepherd's pie is made from lamb, never beef.

Another recipe I need to post here!

RankMeat TypePer Capita Consumption (kg)
1Poultry48.8
2Beef and Veal25.8
3Pork 23.6
4Lamb0.4

*updated Sept 2018

That's US meat consumption by type. Those of us Americans who do eat lamb regularly are definitely in the minority!

For me, shepherds pie, cottage pie, beef, lamb, veal, a little pork...I don't care. It's meat and gravy and potatoes. Sign me up!

Leftover and possibly my lunch or dinner???

Russ

My daughter and her son devoured 2 lots, great comments from wife as well. The lamb being shoulder had some fat on it, not lean at all. That's how I like it.

Russ

Speak for yourself!:hyper: We eat lamb quite often. Yes, American raised lamb isn't my choice. I look for New Zealand or Aussie raised lamb.

I think the difference, you guys grain feed lamb, but ours are grass raised. I really WANT to try welsh lamb raised on salt Peter ( I know that's not the right word,duh.) I saw it on rick stein?

Russ

My Mother used to make a lamb dish with sliced potato's & lamb which was baked so the top potato's were part caramalised and absorbing the lovely broth from the lamb. Just cant recall the name of it...

If you look at my last pic the top is mashed but, top is crispy and juices have seeped around the edges like you describe.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom