Shopping lists

If I had a specific recipe in mind, I'd add those items on my list. Otherwise, when working, I'd stop by one of four groceries that were practically off the roadway on my way home, and pick up what I was in the mood for eating the next two or three days. Things like aluminum foil and such needed to be written down. I'd go in thinking - fresh veggies: what looks good today? Fresh fish: what's the special today (and also looks super fresh)?

Now that it's a hike to go out for groceries beyond a few basics: I write down lists. Either on paper or on the phone. (So, no, I'm not texting anyone while I'm looking at my phone in the supermarket - I'm checking my list!) I also try to make the supermarket run combine with a visit to Home Depot or Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Tractor Supply (pet and chicken needs).

There are some things I'll still decide on when in the supermarket - seafood and certain produce. (But seafood up here is noticeably not so good in nearly all cases, which is so sad to me.)

Yes, I shop off a list.

I do all the grocery shopping by myself, it's kind of my "me time" and I usually go Sunday mornings around 6AM, just to avoid the crowds.

I painted the inside of my cupboard doors with blackboard paint, so that's where I jot things down as I find I need them. It's also where I keep the menu for the week, so I don't have to answer "what's for supper" questions all the time.

After using a dozen apps for list-making, I still find my favorite is pen and paper.

I usually go Sunday mornings around 6AM,

Here, the laws don't allow supermarkets to open early mornings on Sunday. But there are some which are 24hr on the other days of the week. I've occasionally been at 4 am or some other stupid-o'clock and its great having the aisles to yourself!

I painted the inside of my cupboard doors with blackboard paint, so that's where I jot things down as I find I need them.

That's a clever idea!

Here, the laws don't allow supermarkets to open early mornings on Sunday. But there are some which are 24hr on the other days of the week. I've occasionally been at 4 am or some other stupid-o'clock and its great having the aisles to yourself!

That's a clever idea!

I have a wee job to do sometime, wife bought black board paint, wants to write menus on a wall. She has an area for me to do.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom