Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greek yoghurt with strawberries and cornflake mix
20230420_070146.jpg

Just the usual which at the moment is Dorset Cereals Raspberries Granola with fresh blueberries added. I had hubby's serving as well, he's away from home :D

20230517_082700.jpg

He would usually have yoghurt with it, but I'm having a break from that at the moment and having a Brazilian product called Not Milk which is the closest I've come to dairy milk in decades and is the only non-dairy milk I actually like to drink by itself.

16842770863707117259541399327882.jpg

But I'll only buy it when it's on offer because it's $5.50 a litre otherwise. Usually it's half price often enough not to be a problem.

Just the usual which at the moment is Dorset Cereals Raspberries Granola with fresh blueberries added. I had hubby's serving as well, he's away from home :D

View attachment 100101

He would usually have yoghurt with it, but I'm having a break from that at the moment and having a Brazilian product called Not Milk which is the closest I've come to dairy milk in decades and is the only non-dairy milk I actually like to drink by itself.

View attachment 100102
But I'll only buy it when it's on offer because it's $5.50 a litre otherwise. Usually it's half price often enough not to be a problem.
What's it made from?

What's it made from?
I'm guessing you mean the "not milk"?

It's better to read it than me explain because your first thoughts are what? But it really is good.

This is the company's USA site
NotMilk

the ingredients are a strange mix but if you read the info on the AI tasting "robot", it will become more apparent.

reviews are pretty good as well and i don't doubt that i can't remember exactly what dairy milk tastes like. It was 30 years ago i had to stop with cows milk and move to goats or sheep's milk and a good 15-20 years since I couldn't have them as well, but I did used to drink a lot of milk. If we went out and everyone else had a can of coke or Pepsi, I'd get a pint bottle of milk to drink, ideally raw if I could.
A review from 2 years ago.
NotMilk review: Is this vegan milk just like cow's milk? - TODAY

I don't mind (home-made) cashew nut milk by itself, but the rest (soya, almond etc) need to be in something for me to be happy to drink it. This, I'm happy with either of the 2 versions (longlife, not "fresh" ones) that I can get. Ideally something in between the two would suit my tastes for creaminess, but I just buy both and mix. It's doesn't appear to actually go off in the fridge. I've had a container open for 8 days, drinking a 100ml a day and it was still tasting exactly the same.

I've not tried their other products because I just don't like meat replacements but they are also rated quite highly in reviews. It was recommended to me by my doctor who is very much into healthier eating and never has an issue with us being vegan (often asks for recipe ideas! ). His wife is Chilean hence how he came across it. He tries to exclude dairy from his diet where he can.

Sorry, that's a long reply for a simple question I didn't answer, but if you read the ingredients you'll go away scratching your head unless you read the "how we came up with it" but first.

I'm guessing you mean the "not milk"?

It's better to read it than me explain because your first thoughts are what? But it really is good.

This is the company's USA site
NotMilk

the ingredients are a strange mix but if you read the info on the AI tasting "robot", it will become more apparent.

reviews are pretty good as well and i don't doubt that i can't remember exactly what dairy milk tastes like. It was 30 years ago i had to stop with cows milk and move to goats or sheep's milk and a good 15-20 years since I couldn't have them as well, but I did used to drink a lot of milk. If we went out and everyone else had a can of coke or Pepsi, I'd get a pint bottle of milk to drink, ideally raw if I could.
A review from 2 years ago.
NotMilk review: Is this vegan milk just like cow's milk? - TODAY

I don't mind (home-made) cashew nut milk by itself, but the rest (soya, almond etc) need to be in something for me to be happy to drink it. This, I'm happy with either of the 2 versions (longlife, not "fresh" ones) that I can get. Ideally something in between the two would suit my tastes for creaminess, but I just buy both and mix. It's doesn't appear to actually go off in the fridge. I've had a container open for 8 days, drinking a 100ml a day and it was still tasting exactly the same.

I've not tried their other products because I just don't like meat replacements but they are also rated quite highly in reviews. It was recommended to me by my doctor who is very much into healthier eating and never has an issue with us being vegan (often asks for recipe ideas! ). His wife is Chilean hence how he came across it. He tries to exclude dairy from his diet where he can.

Sorry, that's a long reply for a simple question I didn't answer, but if you read the ingredients you'll go away scratching your head unless you read the "how we came up with it" but first.
It's okay, I Googled it last night and read up on it, the pineapple is an interesting ingredient.

I really don't like drinking milk but I use it in cooking. I do like cream and use that in my coffee or in cooking. I don't really mind the taste of almond milk and would use it in cereal, but I got out of the habit of eating cereal many, many years ago because I really don't like the taste of dairy milk. Never tried goat's milk but I love goat cheese. Probably not going to try goat's milk because I really don't feel the need (plus though I don't like cow's milk I love cheese from cow's milk, so would hate to waste the money on goat's milk to find out I don't like it). Now that there are so many milk substitutes out there, in the future I might start eating cereal again (mostly for the fibre).

It's okay, I Googled it last night and read up on it, the pineapple is an interesting ingredient.

I really don't like drinking milk but I use it in cooking. I do like cream and use that in my coffee or in cooking. I don't really mind the taste of almond milk and would use it in cereal, but I got out of the habit of eating cereal many, many years ago because I really don't like the taste of dairy milk. Never tried goat's milk but I love goat cheese. Probably not going to try goat's milk because I really don't feel the need (plus though I don't like cow's milk I love cheese from cow's milk, so would hate to waste the money on goat's milk to find out I don't like it). Now that there are so many milk substitutes out there, in the future I might start eating cereal again (mostly for the fibre).
Goats milk is very creamy, so I always went with the skimmed or semi skimmed versions. It is also exceptionally mild nowadays. It used to have a slightly different taste 3 decades ago, but they breed that taste out because consumers didn't like it as much and when they started selling it in supermarkets back in the 90's in the UK, it needed to be milder. The same with the goats butter, goats cream and goats yoghurt. Only mature goats cheese has "that" taste. There are goats brie cheese that are very mild and creamy as well (Capricorn brie is one of them).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom