Show me your breakfast (2024)

Yeah - Cholula has a great range of sauces. The lovely thing about eggs is that they can take so many flavours and chilli is a top one.

Cholula is one of my regulars in my hot sauce collection. Crystal (from Louisiana) is another favorite. Frank's RedHot for chicken wings. All of my hot sauces are made from some kind of chilis. :D

CD

Funny, I never really cared for any hot sauces, but these two are always on the tables here in Cowboyville, AZ figured I'd try em ... I loved the sriracha mayo tuna onigiri, still have plenty of that left ...

Sriracha mixed into Kewpie mayo? :yuck:

CD

Yesterdays late late breakfast aka brunch, a brunch so late it was essentially lunch 😆
It was a disaster from start to finish.
The fact something edible made it onto the table is a small miracle, I nearly threw all my pans out of the pram 😂
Strange how something you make often on auto pilot can sometimes just go completely awry!

Disasters that occurred-
Someone (Mr SSOAP) adjusted the timers on the toaster so the muffins were suddenly burnt.
I took my eye off the perfectly executed hollandaise for a moment and boom it curdled.
The eggs were already poaching and I couldn’t rectify the sauce quickly enough so the first lot of eggs were hard poached!

After the ice cube and fast whisking didn’t work and due to being down to my last eggs (it’s eight eggs for four people) I broke out the immersion blender. Even that took a moment or two to pulverise the sauce into submission. It lost it’s rich opaque look but tasted good and there was no discernible graininess and that was good enough for me.
I toasted some more muffins and take two was a success, kinda!

This was my first time back in the kitchen proper since being under the weather so this was supposed to be a treat, I can confirm it was not :laugh:

IMG_2014.jpeg

The fact something edible made it onto the table is a small miracle, I nearly threw all my pans out of the pram
Well, from here, it looks good. I’ve made eggs Benedict twice, and the first time it was a disaster, but the second time, it was nearly perfect. You’ll get back into the swing of it soon enough.

I'm sorry, but I hope that was a last resort diner. The eggs look dry, as does the sausage. The biscuits look dense and are they going to bankrupt themselves if they add a little more gravy?

I'm sorry, but I hope that was a last resort diner. The eggs look dry, as does the sausage. The biscuits look dense and are they going to bankrupt themselves if they add a little more gravy?
No, it was all fine. That’s how my mom made eggs, so I like that, biscuits were very light, and I’m never going to complain about extra gravy! :wink:

Sausage is made in-house (I was eating at the butcher’s) and wasn’t dry at all.

Back
Top Bottom