Show me your breakfast (2024)

IMG_3673.JPG

I had six rashers of thick cut American Bacon leftover from a recipe.
It morphed into today's brunch.
This is obviously my plate because there's no diced Tomato and the toast is a goodly amount of Butter

The Cosy Club was fully booked with a 40 minute wait in the bar for a table so I said “no thanks, if you weren’t eating breakfast here where would you go?” She recommended the rather lowly looking but very busy Quay Street Diner.
I’m not a fan of American Diners in the UK, they never do any of the dishes justice but we decided to give it a go and it was a lovely surprise. Good quality ingredients nicely executed.

I was disappointed there were only two gluten free choices to then be told one of those wasn’t gluten free due to cross contamination in the fryer.
That left me with the Huevos Rancheros which is something I never order because I’ve had so many bad renditions in the past but hey beggars can’t be choosers! It was the best I’ve ever had. So many excellent flavours on the plate, so so tasty. I don’t know what they did to the black beans but I’ll be ordering that again!
And bonus it’s directly opposite where the boys live. It couldn’t be closer!
Pics not great but I was hungry!
IMG_2040.jpeg

My son ordered extra hash browns and extra sausages. I don’t think he bargained on that making five hash browns and five sausages to go with the bacon, two eggs and five pancakes 😂

IMG_2041.jpeg

Pic does not do this justice. I had to finish it and then had to lie down! 😂

Our nephew had put some huge potatoes in the smoker yesterday to go with the ribs and corn he cooked in there but the potatoes didn't get cooked all of the way so there were lots of them leftover. I brought home a few of them. I made a breakfast hash with red bell pepper, onion, and smoked baked potato served with some bacon and runny fried eggs over top. Yummy!
20240219_125625.jpg

IMG_3692.JPG

One of my favorite breakfasts that I make at home: Stuffin' Muffin (leftover Stuffing that is portioned out in a muffin tin and frozen for later) packed with Portuguese Sausage (Linguica), dried Cranberries and the typical veg. Topped with a fried Egg, YUM!

Back
Top Bottom