Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning, I had for breakfast, two Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits with sweet potato.

full.jpg

Breakfast this morning, started with coffee. The coffee included kahlua and a white chocolate mocha creamer. Two fun size Snickers bars were served with the coffee.

full.jpg

Coffee and Snickers bars were followed by two Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits served with Yam slices.

full.jpg

This morning we had something called perico. The literal translation is " parrot" (because parrots are multi-coloured over here), but there was no parrot in our breakfast; rather, eggs scrambled with onion, tomato, sweet chile peppers, olive oil and fresh coriander leaf. traditionally this would be served with an arepa - a bun made with white corn meal - but we got lazy and had a chunk of bread instead!

This morning we had something called perico. The literal translation is " parrot" (because parrots are multi-coloured over here), but there was no parrot in our breakfast; rather, eggs scrambled with onion, tomato, sweet chile peppers, olive oil and fresh coriander leaf. traditionally this would be served with an arepa - a bun made with white corn meal - but we got lazy and had a chunk of bread instead!
I'll frequently scramble my eggs like that. I especially like diced tomato in scrambled eggs, probably my favorite add-in, even more so than cheese. I usually use parsley for the green bit, though. One of my favorite breakfasts.

The one big change I would make is to scramble the eggs in butter, not olive oil. Butter and eggs are made for each other. I'm okay with small amounts of finely chopped cilantro (coriander leaf). That egg dish would also be good on flour tortillas.

CD

I'll frequently scramble my eggs like that. I especially like diced tomato in scrambled eggs, probably my favorite add-in, even more so than cheese. I usually use parsley for the green bit, though. One of my favorite breakfasts.

Don't you find the tomato makes the egg watery?

Biscuits and gravy and two fried eggs today.

Pre-gravy:

Post-gravy:

I usually just have the one egg, but my wife, who is the gravy-maker (it's the one thing she insists on making 🤷🏻‍♂️), said she was going to make a half-batch of gravy, so she used the small skillet that's just right for one egg.

Since I had to get the bigger skillet out...well, it seemed a waste to heat the whole thing up just to have one egg, so I had two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom