Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese muffins for breakfast again, but this time, with hash browns and orange juice.

full.jpg

After two weeks of yogurt and custard and applesauce, MrsT requested a "real" breakfast this morning (her word, not mine):

Ahhh...a girl after me own heart, she is.

I did bust the yolk by accident when I flipped my egg, so that's why there's a bit of cooked yolk there. No bother, though.

Breakfast today, was the last two of my Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese muffins, served with hash browns cooked with Serrano peppers and scallion. On the side, I had a cold glass of pressed apple cider.

full.jpg

Haven't made soft-boiled eggs in a long time, but that's what MrsT asked for, so that's what I did.

That was MrsT's egg, but she deemed it too undercooked and took mine, which was cooked spot-on.

That's the funny thing: I took the eggs out of the fridge at the same time, I even weighed them to get two the exact same weight (just for fun), dropped them both in the water together via a big slotted spoon, and took them out together, yet one was noticeably more cooked than the other. The only thing I can come up with is maybe the shell was just a bit thicker on one versus the other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Haven't made soft-boiled eggs in a long time, but that's what MrsT asked for, so that's what I did.

View attachment 69979

View attachment 69980

That was MrsT's egg, but she deemed it too undercooked and took mine, which was cooked spot-on.

That's the funny thing: I took the eggs out of the fridge at the same time, I even weighed them to get two the exact same weight (just for fun), dropped them both in the water together via a big slotted spoon, and took them out together, yet one was noticeably more cooked than the other. The only thing I can come up with is maybe the shell was just a bit thicker on one versus the other. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The soft boiled eggs in the egg cup looks so elegant, but I've never liked having to deal with the shell with every scoop. I know there's a way to do it, and scooping it out from the cup is part of the experience, but I would rather (carefully) remove the shell, and then enjoy the egg stress-free.

Oh, and I don't own an egg cup, so that egg's going straight into my mouth anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom