Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Friday always meant poached smoked fish with my (obviously Catholic) Dad at the stove. I’m not at all religious but I carry on the tradition.

My son of course just had avocado & cheese as he won’t eat cooked fish.

Good Friday always meant poached smoked fish with my (obviously Catholic) Dad at the stove. I’m not at all religious but I carry on the tradition.

View attachment 83624

My son of course just had avocado & cheese as he won’t eat cooked fish.

View attachment 83625

Lovely - I adore smoked fish, I didn't know that was a 'thing' down under. I always think of it as English or Scottish. What kind of fish is it?

View attachment 83673
DH's brunch actually, a new-to-us smoked Salmon fillet ... he gave it a huge thumbs up.
I use to smoke my own, need to go back to that.
It looks like the hot smoked salmon, which is what I prefer. To me, the cold smoked is too slimy. The hot smoked is yummy and the texture is so much better, it flakes apart so nicely.

As promised ...

IMG_1523.JPG

This is one of DH's favorite breakfast meals.
Stuffed Costco Croissants, hard cooked egg, swiss cheese and bacon.
I have enough bacon leftover for Club House Croissants later, just need to stop and get some turkey ... maybe dinner can be soup and sandwich. DH doesn't care that menu item here in My Kitchen In The Middle Of The Desert, but if it involves a croissant, he's all in. :hug:

Egg, cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, on a brioche bun:

View attachment 83743
I just discovered Brioche Burger Buns and they are DA BOMB!!!
We usually only eat 2 at a time, so I freeze them, wrapped in a paper towel to absorb any moisture while they defrost on the counter, in a zip-top baggie.
Those rolls are wonderful with just about anything in the middle, YUM!
This ⬇️
Artesano™ Brioche Buns
is brand that I've been buying mostly.
The loaf bread is excellent for toast !!

I just discovered Brioche Burger Buns and they are DA BOMB!!!
We usually only eat 2 at a time, so I freeze them, wrapped in a paper towel to absorb any moisture while they defrost on the counter, in a zip-top baggie.
Those rolls are wonderful with just about anything in the middle, YUM!
This ⬇️
Artesano™ Brioche Buns
is brand that I've been buying mostly.
The loaf bread is excellent for toast !!
Do you have ALDI there? I normally get them from ALDI, they have a whole line of brioche breads, rolls, and buns.

After they started selling them, Kroger followed pretty quickly. :laugh:

Do you have ALDI there? I normally get them from ALDI, they have a whole line of brioche breads, rolls, and buns.

After they started selling them, Kroger followed pretty quickly. :laugh:
Nope, no Aldi here ... `member now, we live in Cowboyville AZ, USA ... I'm lucky to even find "fancy pants" breads and rolls! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom