Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did like a couple of pikelets at one time but I now seem to have gone off those.

pikelets-s.jpg

both and sometimes I get or feel very sick after eating it as well. But if I don't have it, my meds make me exceptionally sick to the point of throwing up, so I have to make sure I have something nowadays.
I wonder if just eating some yoghurt might be enough to help with meds. Its light and has good bacteria... but I expect you have tried that.

I can believe that - as you don't get out of bed until mid afternoon.
What's wrong with that? I have a friend who claims the best sleep can be had between the hours of 10:00 AM and noon. I test her theory every chance I get. :sleep:

We're running out of cold weather, so I'm getting in as many bowls of steel-cut oats as I can. I just can't start a day with hot cereal if the temperature is going above 70. Today's bowl included unfiltered honey from an apiary in FL we stopped at last autumn, and chopped walnuts. The best part of this breakfast, however, is the bowl. I made it myself when I took an 8-lesson pottery class. Trust me when I say the rest of my works aren't anywhere near to this bowl.
20170523_142820.jpg

I wonder if just eating some yoghurt might be enough to help with meds. Its light and has good bacteria... but I expect you have tried that.
Yep plus live soya or coconut yoghurt is expensive. Have a look next time you are online. Most of it is not live, but dig far enough and you find some. There is a really nice light live coconut yoghurt one here but at $6.99 a pot which would last 4 days, it is too expensive to get on a regular basis and I have only managed to successfully make live soya youghurt. Well all home-made yoghurt is technically live, but... Summer I make my porridge with yoghurt instead of milk and just eat it cold.

We're running out of cold weather, so I'm getting in as many bowls of steel-cut oats as I can. I just can't start a day with hot cereal if the temperature is going above 70. Today's bowl included unfiltered honey from an apiary in FL we stopped at last autumn, and chopped walnuts. The best part of this breakfast, however, is the bowl. I made it myself when I took an 8-lesson pottery class. Trust me when I say the rest of my works aren't anywhere near to this bowl.

Have you tried putting your oats in a mixture of yoghurt and milk the night before and allowing them to soak overnight, then eating them cold with your honey? Oats don't actually need to be cooked, even steel cut oats. But I do find they are best soaked first. I forget where I came across it first, but I have been doing it for years and years now. Then thin with milk (or in my case almond milk) as needed and serve with fruit and honey (or maple syrup etc). But being in winter here, I am now (just) back onto cooking my porridge first thing in the morning, though I still soak my oats overnight because I hate the quick cook variety and much prefer whole rolled oats - the traditional style.

What I've been doing, SNSSO, is setting up the pot of water and the measure of oats the night before. That way I can start them up while still half asleep when I wander into the kitchen, and make my wake-up cup of tea (because my taste buds need to wake slowly before they like coffee). I'm never ready to eat until I've been vertical for quite a while, but would the overnight soak shorten the length of cooking time? I'm thinking it would serve the same purpose as soaking beans overnight.

I can't do cold oatmeal, or cold any cereal commonly served hot. As far as quick-cook? That's a good substitute for part of the wheat flour in some of my muffin recipes, but otherwise forget it.

would the overnight soak shorten the length of cooking time?
Yes

I can't do cold oatmeal
It's not cold oatmeal. It's uncooked and it makes quite a difference. think of a cross between yoghurt and a museli bar or even crumble mixture (I use rolled oats in my crumble toppings). The oats are totally different uncooked. I can't even swallow cold cooked porridge. It's vile. :yuck:

Aw, that's pretty much my hubby's opinion of cooked oatmeal, too. He's not even fond of the smell, while I can't even tell it HAS a smell! I like it cooked. Isn't it fun(ny) how we all like different things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom