Show me your dining room!

Yeah that is what we call a dresser - that is, if the top part I can see is part of the bottom part. Its often called a Welsh dresser.

Hmmmm, a dresser over here is a piece of bedroom furniture. You store clothing in it. They often have a mirror on top of them. Not to be confused with a chest of drawers, which is taller and does not have a mirror. With couples, the woman usually has the dresser, and the man has the chest of drawers.

Unknown-7.jpeg

CD

Yeah that is what we call a dresser - that is, if the top part I can see is part of the bottom part. Its often called a Welsh dresser. Like this:

View attachment 43253

I have heard them called all different kinds of things in various parts of the US: hutch, dish cabinet, buffet, etc. but dressers are for clothes in the US., not dishes.

Most pubs wouldn't have them. In fact I don't think I ever saw one in a pub... but anyway, what is the lampshade?
A floor lamp would undoubtedly get knocked over in a pub unless it was affixed securely (maybe cemented permanently?) to the floor.

With couples, the woman usually has the dresser, and the man has the chest of drawers.
My wife took both. Hmmmm... 🤔

She has the dresser, chest of drawers, nightstand, a small hutch (yes, for dishes, but she has her stuff in it), and the walk-in closet.

I have a dresser, and a very small chest of drawers, and two regular closets. When I get dressed in the morning, I have to visit three rooms. :laugh:

I have two armoires and a walk-in closet. I keep some my delicates in a drawer of my nightstand and also in the drawers inside of my closet. I do not have any dressers or chests of drawers, though I do have a storage trunk (chest) by the window I keep blankets in.

I have two armoires and a walk-in closet. I keep some my delicates in a drawer of my nightstand and also in the drawers inside of my closet. I do not have any dressers or chests of drawers, though I do have a storage trunk (chest) by the window I keep blankets in.
The funny thing is, I much more clothes-focused than MrsTasty is. She'd wear a burlap sack if she could get away with it.

The funny thing is, I much more clothes-focused than MrsTasty is. She'd wear a burlap sack if she could get away with it.
It would be a bit itchy.

I do wear house-dresses quite often now that I am homebound, but they aren't ugly. I am way more clothes focused than my hubby is, but since I never go anywhere, I don't wear them. Or my jewelry.

Hmmmm, a dresser over here is a piece of bedroom furniture. You store clothing in it. They often have a mirror on top of them. Not to be confused with a chest of drawers, which is taller and does not have a mirror. With couples, the woman usually has the dresser, and the man has the chest of drawers.

View attachment 43265

CD

Exactly right......unless you're married to my wife. My dresser has the same as yours but I only got one drawer and a small half drawer as well. Wife says I don't need that much room. She has more need than me. Lol.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom