Show me your dining room!

I love that flooring, very nice!

We love it too, about 18 months old, part of the kitchen Reno I did here. You can't see the ceiling but it's a deep brown rimu a native timber. It's tongue and groove and balances the floor

Russ

Hmmmm, a dresser over here is a piece of bedroom furniture. You store clothing in it. They often have a mirror on top of them. Not to be confused with a chest of drawers, which is taller and does not have a mirror. With couples, the woman usually has the dresser, and the man has the chest of drawers.

View attachment 43265

CD

We call that a dressing table!

What is a house dress? Is this another language difference...? :)
It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a dress I only wear in the house. I dont think it's a language difference because I am not sure if anyone else calls it that. It's a short, lightweight and comfortable dress that I would never wear in public. I also have shoes like that (my crocs) that I only wear at home.

Why wouldn't you wear it in public? I don't think I've got clothes I wouldn't wear in public. Well unless you include certain items of, err, well how can I put it.... :whistling:
Two of the dresses are sleeveless and a bit loose around my armpits, so portions of my rather ample bosom would be exposed (if a person were looking from a certain angle). I of course would wear undergarments, but I am one of those who has always thought that wearing clothing that exposes the brassiere is tacky, even though it was a fashion trend among younger women in the early 2000s. And another is so sheer so you can see right through it (one of my husband's favorites). And some men do like to look at my chest even when it is fully covered, LOL. If I wore a camisole top underneath, two of the dresses would be appropriate to wear in public. The sheer one would require a slip. But I don't like to wear layers of clothing in the heat. Around the house no one can see me but my husband, so I wear my house-dresses at home, and I have other comfortable garments that are more suitable for wearing in public places...not like I go anywhere but to the grocery store to use the curbside service, but still. What if I had to stop to fill up my gas tank or had a flat tire?

It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a dress I only wear in the house. I dont think it's a language difference because I am not sure if anyone else calls it that. It's a short, lightweight and comfortable dress that I would never wear in public. I also have shoes like that (my crocs) that I only wear at home.
Like this?
1594655888641.png

Two of the dresses are sleeveless and a bit loose around my armpits, so portions of my rather ample bosom would be exposed (if a person were looking from a certain angle). I of course would wear undergarments, but I am one of those who has always thought that wearing clothing that exposes the brassiere is tacky, even though it was a fashion trend among younger women in the early 2000s. And another is so sheer so you can see right through it (one of my husband's favorites). And some men do like to look at my chest even when it is fully covered, LOL. If I wore a camisole top underneath, two of the dresses would be appropriate to wear in public. The sheer one would require a slip. But I don't like to wear layers of clothing in the heat. Around the house no one can see me but my husband, so I wear my house-dresses at home, and I have other comfortable garments that are more suitable for wearing in public places...not like I go anywhere but to the grocery store to use the curbside service, but still. What if I had to stop to fill up my gas tank or had a flat tire?
My life is never going to be the same again.

Back
Top Bottom