Show me your dining room!

Why wouldn't you wear it in public? I don't think I've got clothes I wouldn't wear in public. Well unless you include certain items of, err, well how can I put it.... :whistling:

But those are precisely the ones we want to see! :eek: :heat::p:

And some men do like to look at my chest even when it is fully covered, LOL.
Story No. 1: When my wife and I were more involved in our local German club, we'd frequently go to events dressed in traditional clothing (lederhosen, dirndl, etc).

Like you, MrsTasty is, um, amply endowed up top, but running around a German festival with 500 other women dressed the same way, you get desensitized to it a bit.

One particular fest, we stopped unexpectedly on the way home for a quick bite, at a casual restaurant, as we'd skipped the usual skewered chicken dinners at the fest, then found ourselves hungry.

So there was my wife, sitting at the table, chest barely contained by her straining dress, and at the next table over, a boy of about 12 or 13, who absolutely could not take his eyes off MrsTasty's cleavage.

The thing that was kind of cute about it was that he was so innocent with it, he wasn't leering at all, and he wasn't being sly about it. He just sat there the whole time, agog at my wife's jubblies. :laugh:

What if I had to stop to fill up my gas tank or had a flat tire?
Story No. 2: In the house, I frequently wear a t-shirt and underpants, but the slightly longer boxer-brief style. It's so common, I tend to forget that I have them on, so I'll walk outside and water the plants, check the mail, take out the trash, etc.

One morning, I wanted to mow the grass, knew I needed gas for the mower, and without even thinking about it, I grabbed the gas can, plopped down in car, and zoomed off.

Got to the station just up the road, hopped out, went to use my card at the pump, and the reader was broken at the pump, so I had to walk in, tell them about how much gas I needed, then walk back out, pump the gas, then walk back in and pay.

I conducted all that business in my underwear. Didn't even register with me that I wasn't dressed.

TastyReuben, I sometimes think you are more English than I am. If only you could learn to go out in the midday sun...
You've just made my whole pandemic! Thank you!

A housedress may be more commonly called a housecoat.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.18.42 PM.png

CD

That one looks like the ones my grandma used to make and wear. Nothing like mine, lol.

That's what my mom has always worn. They may be different than yours, but the idea is the same. Light, comfortable, machine washable, and relatively inexpensive.

CD

My grandma was from SE Texas too...must be a thing in that region. Well she was actually from Many, LA but moved to Port Arthur in the 1920s and lived there for almost the rest of her life. Me, I am a Florida gal, and I grew up in swimsuits and coverups, so my house dresses look much different (no buttons or pockets). I do have a few aprons, though.

My grandma was from SE Texas too...must be a thing in that region. Well she was actually from Many, LA but moved to Port Arthur in the 1920s and lived there for almost the rest of her life. Me, I am a Florida gal, and I grew up in swimsuits and coverups, so my house dresses look much different (no buttons or pockets). I do have a few aprons, though.

My mom was born and raised in New Jersey.

CD

Oh okay, interesting. She never lived in Texas? My mom went to highschool in Texas, and met and married my dad in Port Arthur. She never wore a house dress in her life.

Oh okay, interesting. She never lived in Texas? My mom went to highschool in Texas, and met and married my dad in Port Arthur. She never wore a house dress in her life.

Well, she lives in Texas now. She moved there in her early forties, so her habits and routines were pretty well established.

BTW, they recently turned their formal dining room into a sewing room. They have a huge kitchen, with a good size eating area, so the formal room was a waste of space.

Formal dining rooms seem to be almost dead in modern home design. A big, open kitchen and dining area is what people want.

CD

Well, she lives in Texas now. She moved there in her early forties, so her habits and routines were pretty well established.

BTW, they recently turned their formal dining room into a sewing room. They have a huge kitchen, with a good size eating area, so the formal room was a waste of space.

Formal dining rooms seem to be almost dead in modern home design. A big, open kitchen and dining area is what people want.

CD
I tell ya, my habits and routines changed drastically in my late 30s/early 40s after I moved from Florida to Ohio. Moving across the country will do that to ya'.

I don't have a formal dining room, either. My kitchen and dining room are separated by a large granite counter bar seating area.

Last edited:
My late mum used to wear a dress like that, we call it a smock down here.

Russ
I've heard them called frocks, smocks, house dresses, house coats...probably something else too but can't think off the top of my head.

While we wait for more lovely dining rooms to appear, I will say that my mom used to call them "moo moo's". I don't know why and I think it's a terrible name as it puts one in mind of cows.

While we wait for more lovely dining rooms to appear, I will say that my mom used to call them "moo moo's". I don't know why and I think it's a terrible name as it puts one in mind of cows.
Yes! That's what I was looking for. But the moo moos are from Hawaii. I don't think they are button up or have pockets, but same concept. I am sure some Hawaiian hoochie mama has a see through risque one, LOL!

I tell ya, my habits and routines changed drastically in my late 30s/early 40s after I moved from Florida to Ohio. Moving across the country will do that to ya'.

I don't have a formal dining room, either. My kitchen and dining room are separated by a large granite counter bar seating area.View attachment 43306

I like this. I've got a small separate kitchen. I do prefer a separate kitchen as I don't like to be interrupted when cooking - but this is a lovely space. I love all all the windows.

Back
Top Bottom