Show us your cupboards and drawers!

You have a couple of beers there from one of my favourite breweries.
Northern lights is the one of the ones you have that we like but I prefer the darker ales in that line. Sadly there is little here of that ilk in Australia. :(

Orkney Brewery is consistently good. As you will have spotted, there is a Dragonhead Stout lurking, known in this house as DH, which coincidentally are the initials of the legend that is Duck Holiday. Orkney also produce, among many other things, the famous Orkney Dark Island, usually known as Orkney Duck Island in this house.

Can you get Monteith's beer in Oz? I've had it in Scotland and if they can get it from NZ to Scotland, surely they can manage to slip some across the Tasman Sea. Their 'Black' is very nice.

I think you beat me on the flour - let me go and look.

Well actually I seem to have:
Strong white
Plain White
Self Raising
Wholemeal
Rye
Spelt
Gram
Chestnut
Quinoa
Oak Smoked Malted
Granary
00 flour

They are mostly on the bottom shelf of the 'pull out' larder. So that is 12.

View attachment 9768
I've got

2x Strong white
2x Strong wholemeal
Organic plain white
2x Organic self-raising white
Wholemeal plain
00 flour
Wholegrain
plus 1 ciabatta and 2 sourdough bread mixes

I seem to have run out of spelt. The number and type of bread mixes varies, and I have 2 packs of some flour because I bake late night/early mornings, and there is nothing worse than having to trot over to the supermarket at 3 a.m. because I've run out...

OK, I finally got around to it. (Had to use flash as I was too lazy to set up the tripod).

Electric cookers and rice.

Plastic containers .

Slicers and freezer bags.

General kitchen utensils.

Uri Gellar tableware, chopsticks and rice spoons.

Pots and pans.

Coffee, dried peas and towels.

Cookware.

Stainless steel tableware.

Plastic plates and glassware.

Porcelain plates.

Cups and glasses.

Spices (except for the ones to which the ants are partial; (paprika, coriander seeds, regular cumin seeds, turmeric, mustard powder) which are kept in the fridge).

We don't have a cupboard big enough to store beer so it's stacked in the office.

Last edited:
OK, I finally got around to it. (Had to use flash as I was too lazy to set up the tripod).

Plastic containers .

Uri Gellar tableware.

Pots and pans.

Cookware.

Porcelain plates.

Cups and glasses.

Spices.

We don't have a cupboard big enough to store beer so it's stacked in the office.

That stack of beer made me think of those brilliant Fosters lager adverts from the eighties ("looks like you overdid the Sherry, mate").

That stack of beer made me think of those brilliant Fosters lager adverts from the eighties ("looks like you overdid the Sherry, mate").

I usually have 10 cases delivered at a time (10 x 12 x 640 ml). I cannot remember ever having run out.

obviously you are not trying hard enough :drink:

If we ring before 10 am (Monday to Saturday), it's delivered before midday. When I open the penultimate case we ring the following morning.

Plastic containers .

Uri Gellar tableware, chopsticks and rice spoons.

Pots and pans.

Cookware.

Porcelain plates.

Cups and glasses.

Spices (except for the ones to which the ants are partial; (paprika, coriander seeds, regular cumin seeds, turmeric, mustard powder) which are kept in the fridge).

You have a lot more cupboards and drawers than I do. I have to be very careful opening one of my cupboards that anything in the front of the shelves doesn't fall out!

I do have a collection of glasses, steins and jugs mainly from the 1950s to the 1970s, which are on display shelves in the porch along with a lot of other ornaments etc. I have far too many to keep in the kitchen now, although the "newer" ones are kept there simply because they are ones which I can bear to use.

We also have an "under the sink" cupboard but as it contains water pipes going in and out, water filters, detergents, Dettol, WD40 and various other boring stuff, I did not photograph it.

Main store cupboard:
IMG_1748.JPG

Back
Top Bottom