Show us your fridge!

One fridge, one freezer.

fridge top.jpg

The above is what's atop my fridge. Weird metal sculpture my crazy but wonderful brother sent me, a useful soapstone mortar and pestle, and a functional reproduction coffee grinder.

And then we get into the fridge itself. (I have a bottom freezer fridge, and I have two stand alone freezers). Right now I'll just post the fridge. I even decided not to pretty it up for the occasion - this is what it looks like right now:

Fridge door: butter, cheeses, LOADS of Asian sauces, near and far East, a dressing, some boxed broth. That wrapped thing on the bottom shelf is green onions/scallions. There's buttermilk, too.
fridge door.jpg

Interior of fridge: I store batteries in the lower section left of the fridge. You'll notice lots of eggs ... I store mine outside on the counter but the ones I sell here in the US have to be refrigerated. Silly rule if you know what you are doing. The pot has leftover soup which will go at lunchtime. More condiments and veggies. Lovely mushrooms on upper left.
fridge interior.jpg

Okay, what's down in that bottom freezer??? I opted NOT to install the ice maker.

Bottom region of that fridge-freezer: All sorts of things from around the world. I must make mention of the lamb heart in mid upper region... To the right are necessaries for making cheese, a project I hope to undertake soon.
fridge freezer lower shelf.jpg

And the top region; Note to the left i did NOT connect in the ice maker.
fridge freezer top shelf.jpg

On the left, various meats and seafoods - including octopus and eel. On the right, yes, spinach, and yes... cockerels raised here at my home. The one labeled "unknown" means I am not certain of the breed.

There are two stand alone freezers here as well - one is upright, the other a chest. I'll snag photos for them later.

One thing I'm noticing is that people keep a lot of jars & bottles of sauces etc, in the fridge. I' don't think of got any in the two fridges. I do have some but they are kept in cupboards - things like tomato ketchup, soy sauce, fish sauce.

Here is the 'under counter' fridge in the kitchen:

Inside fridge:

And the door:

And here is the fridge part of the fridge freezer under the stairs.

Inside:

And in the door:

One thing I'm noticing is that people keep a lot of jars & bottles of sauces etc, in the fridge. I' don't think of got any in the two fridges. I do have some but they are kept in cupboards - things like tomato ketchup, soy sauce, fish sauce.

I only put that (condiment) stuff in there if I've opened it. And, actually, my oils, vinegars and soy sauce never ends up in the fridge. (Okay for some reason I DO see one soy sauce there on the fridge door..._)

I only put that (condiment) stuff in there if I've opened it. And, actually, my oils, vinegars and soy sauce never ends up in the fridge. (Okay for some reason I DO see one soy sauce there on the fridge door..._)

I don't put condiments in the fridge once opened - if its necessary than I must have been doing it wrong for the last 40 years! If I ever buy mayonnaise (very rarely) I do put that in the fridge - but only because its best served cold.

One thing I'm noticing is that people keep a lot of jars & bottles of sauces etc, in the fridge.
That may be habit formed out of brutally hot summers - we can't leave butter out on the counter for even a couple of hours this time of year without it turning into a greasy puddle, so it ingrains a kind of "if you think it might need to go in the fridge...put it in the fridge" mentality.

Back
Top Bottom