Show us your fridge!

Finally managed to run down the fridge and freezer after Christmas, time to start stocking up again.

I guess I can finally own up to the contents of my fridge...

I feel like I've just moved house! All I know is that if it was frozen, it's in the freezer. If it was chilled, it's in the fridge somewhere.

The salad box is tiny (about ½ the volume of the old one) and there is no cheese/eggs tray. I've ended up removing the bottle shelf because it stopped me putting our 2L homemade yoghurt container into the fridge anywhere!

We did a months shopping at the weekend for stuff that has long dates or is non-perishables hence many duplicates (we get 10% off once a month, so save $50/monthly this way).

The eggs will be going to the food bank and Wednesday by which time there will be 6 dozen or so.

And the freezer section! All of the lowest drawer are fresh herbs, spices, lemon/lime juice, fresh coconut, chillies, minced garlic, mince ginger, coconut cream (frozen sheet opening a tin). They were in the door of the old freezer which was really handy.

And the drawers are sloped at the back, so none of my containers stack any more! It seems so much smaller than our existing one despite it only being 5cm if that shorter. It's the same width and depth (and same make).

Here's mine! It's smaller than the previous one, but it's new & quieter. As you can see, the freezer is packed. Sorry for the fuzzy pic on the bottom.Lots of utensils on top of unit. The gasket seals all around! No bugs getting inside!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Here's the current freezer situation:
First, the combo fridge-freezer which has 3 drawers. Top drawer is vegetables
1666945319076.png

Second drawer is fish and foods that are already cooked
1666945339564.png

Third drawer is bread
1666945352290.png

Then the chest freezer. The top basket has food scraps that I use to make stock
1666945368196.png

The rest of the chest freezer is meat and also more vegetables
1666945411552.png

I know everything I have in these freezers because I have a google spreadsheet where I write down the contents of each freezer. Every time something goes in or out I update it.

Chest freezers can be nice to have. The problem comes when you want something, & it's at the bottom & the freezer is full! You have to practically empty it!! That's a lot of work!! I have a small freezer, but it's an upright one. Like THIS one. Far less of a headache to get at something that's on the bottom. :whistling:

Last edited:
Chest freezers can be nice to have. The problem comes when you want something, & it's at the bottom & the freezer is full! You have to practically empty it!! That's a lot of work!! I have a small freezer, but it's an upright one. Like THIS one. Far less of a headache to get something that's on the bottom. :whistling: View attachment 91839
That's the kind of freezer I wanted, but in my house I only had room for a tiny (35litres) freezer and those spend as much as energy as the larger ones, so I got a chest freezer instead. The one I bought is 59litres, is small enough to fit in that part of the kitchen as uses less energy than any of the 35l upright freezers I was looking at.

That's the kind of freezer I wanted, but in my house I only had room for a tiny (35litres) freezer and those spend as much as energy as the larger ones, so I got a chest freezer instead. The one I bought is 59litres, is small enough to fit in that part of the kitchen as uses less energy than any of the 35l upright freezers I was looking at.

Mine is in the living room. No spot for it in the kitchen. :stop:

My fridge today. I rarely have a lot of stuff in the fridge, probably because I buy mostly frozen vegetables and I am just one person living alone most of the time.
1667462076990.png

Back
Top Bottom