Show us your pet

Max was a South African Boerboel. Ridge back x English Mastiff Max was about 65 kg of muscle, originally the were used by Boer farmers to protect their animals from predators like lions. I got him out of the Police Pound where he had been placed after a raid on a drug house. A mate who was a cop told me about him and fixed things. They let me have him after checking the size and how secure the garden was. They brought him in muzzled. Mrs Blank gave the cops tea and cake, we sat in the top corner drinking the tea. One cop took him down to the paddock, took his muzzle of and let him go. He walked back sat down and told us to ignore him, they then drank up and left. About an hour later after sniffing and marking his territory he lay down at Mrs Blanks feet. Till I took him to the vet some 7 years later to be put down he never left the garden. I tried to socialize him but it was impossible. He liked my brother so he would move in to look after him when we were away. Looking back it was probably one of the most stupid things I have done.View attachment 44928

He was blessed with a loving home rather than be put to sleep.

My first dog was an English Mastiff X Wolfhound. She'd been used for pig hunting then for breeding & I adopted her when she was 4. Big gentle giant despite her early years. She died at 13 of cancer

Sam

I had to put Obi-Wan Kenobi to sleep yesterday. He would have turned 14 on Friday. He's the cat at the back of my avatar photo.

obi-wan-obiituary.jpg

He was a great and amazing cat. He wasn't scared of anything. He even enjoyed vet visits, not wanting to get back in his carrier, even after a rabies shot. He was born to explore. He was also a good mouser. And my one remaining cat misses the hell out of him.

I guess I no longer have "my only hope".

I had to put Obi-Wan Kenobi to sleep yesterday. He would have turned 14 on Friday. He's the cat at the back of my avatar photo.

View attachment 46144

He was a great and amazing cat. He wasn't scared of anything. He even enjoyed vet visits, not wanting to get back in his carrier, even after a rabies shot. He was born to explore. He was also a good mouser. And my one remaining cat misses the hell out of him.

I guess I no longer have "my only hope".
So sorry. You must be gutted.

Very sorry to read this. It's hard losing a friend after such a long time of caring for them and having their companionship. I'm glad you were able to make that last, difficult decision, though, in Obi's best interest. That's a gift.

Is it coincidental that we have so many dog lovers on here? Is there some personality trait that links the love of food with the love of animals, dogs especially? I've often wondered.

Interestingly, President Trump is said to be the only US President in the last century not to own a dog.

Is it coincidental that we have so many dog lovers on here? Is there some personality trait that links the love of food with the love of animals, dogs especially? I've often wondered.

Interestingly, President Trump is said to be the only US President in the last century not to own a dog.

I love dogs but cannot have one due to our lifestyle, hopefully when we retire...

Back
Top Bottom