Slow posting and replies???

Thank you. I'm not holding out much hope, this is to try to avoid surgery but I'm not getting positive vibes from the ultrasound technician. Hopefully the doctor/consultant will have more success.
My cousin in her 70s just had a tendinitis procedure done a month ago and is having rapid healing results. I wish you speedy recovery and hoping that with your younger age it will be smooth going for you!

My cousin in her 70s just had a tendinitis procedure done a month ago and is having rapid healing results. I wish you speedy recovery and hoping that with your younger age it will be smooth going for you!
Sadly it's not tendinitis.

I'm getting very intense pins and needles (plus they go very cold) at night and first things in the morning (to about midday). It wakes me during the night even wearing supports in both wrists. Carpal Tunnel has been confirmed in 1 hand only but that only covers thumb and index/middle finger. I'm also getting ulnar nerve issues as well. And it's both hands...

Synovitis has been "confirmed" today by the radiological consultant and my doctor confirmed Aubenbach syndrome a few weeks ago though the frequency of this "blue finger syndrome" is considerably higher than the internet suggests I should be having (it suggests one or two episodes of it in a life time, I can prove with photos at least 10 episodes in the last 3-4 years alone).
The MRI of my left hand was useless because of all my previous surgery on that wrist/hand. About the only good news from all of this is that osteoarthritis has been ruled out in my wrists, which is about the only part of my body not affected by it!

My neurosurgeon doesn't think it's my spinal cord or nerve branches but other doctors/consultants are not so sure. I started with symptoms 12 months ago. So for the moment it's a case of coping and hoping someone trips over something they've missed or something turns up. At least my orthopaedic surgeon has agreed to carpal tunnel surgery on one hand as the next step in a couple of months time.

I'm getting very intense pins and needles (plus they go very cold) at night and first things in the morning (to about midday). It wakes me during the night even wearing supports in both wrists. Carpal Tunnel has been confirmed in 1 hand only but that only covers thumb and index/middle finger. I'm also getting ulnar nerve issues as well. And it's both hands...

Synovitis has been "confirmed" today by the radiological consultant and my doctor confirmed Aubenbach syndrome a few weeks ago though the frequency of this "blue finger syndrome" is considerably higher than the internet suggests I should be having (it suggests one or two episodes of it in a life time, I can prove with photos at least 10 episodes in the last 3-4 years alone).
The MRI of my left hand was useless because of all my previous surgery on that wrist/hand. About the only good news from all of this is that osteoarthritis has been ruled out in my wrists, which is about the only part of my body not affected by it!

My neurosurgeon doesn't think it's my spinal cord or nerve branches but other doctors/consultants are not so sure. I started with symptoms 12 months ago. So for the moment it's a case of coping and hoping someone trips over something they've missed or something turns up. At least my orthopaedic surgeon has agreed to carpal tunnel surgery on one hand as the next step in a couple of months time.
I'm inclined to believe it's the spinal cord but of course I'm no doctor. As a former massage therapist, most every condition I ever treated was rooted in the spinal cord, however. I'm just hoping your treatments are successful!

You really are quite a complex set of seemingly connected conditions that don’t make obvious sense, you have my sympathies, it’s very hard not knowing what’s going on and hoping for a solution all the while the people around you look baffled.
I’m sure they’ll get to it in the end, even if it’s just by a slower process of elimination.
I wouldn’t place too much stock in the vibes of an technician, surgery is like diy, until you’re doing the job you don’t know how well it will go, that includes the times it goes swimmingly.
The hands are a miserable thing to have a problem with being as crucial to everyday tasks as they are so I have everything crossed for a successful outcome 🤞

So for the moment it's a case of coping and hoping someone trips over something they've missed or something turns up.
You just can’t seem to catch a break - I’m sorry you’re going through all this (along with everything else), and I doubt “frustrated” even begins to cover your feelings. :hug:

Still pretty slow pos today.

Mine was really bad earlier this morning, but much better now.

Also, I shut down all my computers, my router and my cable modem -- then restarted everything. Everything got faster. I need to remember to do that from time to time.

CD

It seems to be better here as well.

I had just recently done a restart on everything because we were binge watching a series on a streaming channel and it stopped working, would start to load, then just did nothing. Loaded fine after that.

We had a problem once that required an in-home visit by the cable guy. He told me he does a reset every week of cable box and router. I don't get it done that often, but try for at least once a month.

It's a bit better now.

Spoke to soon. Just got this. Had to reload the page several times.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 134305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom