Recipe Slower Cooker Apple Pie/Cake

Pat

Veteran
Local time
7:23 AM
This video has been on my Facebook page a few time and each time I see it I can't wait to go to the store and get the ingredients to make it. It looks so good.

Take 2 cans of apple or peach pie mix dump them into a slow cooker

Empty a spice cake mix into the slow cooker on top of the fruit that has been spread out on the bottom of the cooker.

Place 8oz of butter on top of the cake mix and fruit.

Put the top on the cooker and start to cook on high for 2 - 2.5 hours.

Results: Apple Pie, Peach Pie

Yes, it is a variety of a dump cake but made in the crock pot. I made a rum cake in the crockpot last year, it sounded delicious but ended up a bit scorched. I think I used a cake mix, that was off size so I am guessing that was the problem. I might try it again with a different size cake.

This sounds really good and simple to make. I am sure it is really good too. Can't wait to give it a try.

It sounds like a hell of a lot of butter. 8oz? Blimey.
So why does it need all that butter, I wonder...? Perhaps we don't understand what the 'spice cake mix' is? I'm wondering if is just a dry flour and spice mixture. So adding the butter provides the emulsifying agent. Like in an apple crumble? Its still a huge amount of butter though! Would this amount of butter normally be added to the spice cake mix if it were being cooked in an oven? Perhaps some of our American friends could explain. :happy:

So why does it need all that butter, I wonder...? Perhaps wet understand what the 'spice cake mix' is? I'm wondering if is just a dry flour and spice mixture. So adding the butter provides the emulsifying agent. Like in an apple crumble? Its still a huge amount of butter though! Would this amount of butter normally be added to the spice cake mix if it were being cooked in an oven? Perhaps some of our American friends could explain. :happy:

I think its just something like the betty crocker? Type cake mixes that you buy, add egg and oil then bake. there Is a recipe using that type of cale mix where instead of using butter, you use 7up fizzy pop. That would be much better.

So why does it need all that butter, I wonder...? Perhaps we don't understand what the 'spice cake mix' is? I'm wondering if is just a dry flour and spice mixture. So adding the butter provides the emulsifying agent. Like in an apple crumble? Its still a huge amount of butter though! Would this amount of butter normally be added to the spice cake mix if it were being cooked in an oven? Perhaps some of our American friends could explain. :happy:

You wouldn't have butter in them at all. Typically for the brownie mix you ad an egg and 2 or 3 tablespoons of oil. I was wondering if you could make your own sponge mix or as you say crumble, put that on top and cook. I don't see why not.

Back
Top Bottom