Recipe Smoothies Made Simple

flyinglentris

Disabled and Retired Veteran
Local time
5:52 PM
I've been doing smoothies most mornings and when I don't, I make coffee. I don't like to spend a lot of time making smoothies, so I've evolved a quick and dirty method that works fine.

Ingredients:

1 banana (banana gives texture and thickness with a flavor that mixes well)
0.5 to 1 cup of some other type of fruit or mixture of fruit
(Another Banana, Peach, Pear, Mango, Blue Berries, Strawberries, Papaya, Raw Cranberries, Cantaloupe, Kiwi, etc.)
1.5 cups of half and half or (plain or vanilla yogurt)
1 cup of apple or grape juice

Options:
Protein Powder or Psyllium Fiber Powder as needed or desired
Nutrella or Chocolate Syrup
Ice Cubes

Procedure:

1) Cut up and/or toss fruit into blender
2) Pour in Half and Half /Yogurt and apple or grape juice
3) Blend at high speed for a half minute, then at low speed for a half minute
4) Pour into glass or cup and consume

Smoothie Ice Bars:

Instead of half and half or yogurt, use heavy whipping cream.

Instead of pouring into glasses or cups to consume, pour into popsickle molds and freeze before consuming as fruit smoothie bar treats.

I can see the point of a simple and adaptable recipe. Who wants to have to measure and fiddle about first thing? But smoothies aren't for me. I simply don't get them (I could go into why but it might bore everyone). I like the idea of making popsicles from the mix (we call them ice lollies in the UK).

I can see the point of a simple and adaptable recipe. Who wants to have to measure and fiddle about first thing? But smoothies aren't for me. I simply don't get them (I could go into why but it might bore everyone). I like the idea of making popsicles from the mix (we call them ice lollies in the UK).
Ice Pops!

Green smoothies are my go to breakfast in summer.

It changes fairly often but right now I'm putting 1 large leaf of curly kale which I pick from my garden in the NutriBullet cup with water, blend it for 30 seconds. Add 6 pieces of frozen orange and 8 of frozen mango.

I used to loathe kale in smoothies but have come to like it. (that's like, not love)

I'm not very good at remembering to eat fruit unless I put it in salad so this way I get 2 serves of fruit and one of greens each day no matter what ends up happening in that day.

Back
Top Bottom