Something you have but haven’t used

Pressure cooker and air fryer. We had a pressure cooker years ago, in the early years of our marriage, but it stopped working and by the time we replaced it, I'd got out of the way of using a pressure cooker, besides which it was different and I still haven't got round to figuring out how to use it. My son bought me the air fryer and like the pressure cooker I haven't had time to figure out how to use it. Also, it takes up too much space. Another son would like to be able to use it, but I don't know if he's prepared to experiment with it.

Just remembered, soup maker, knife sharpener, blender (2), waffle maker, toasted sandwich maker, all taking up cupboard space, and a fondue set.

Pressure cooker and air fryer. We had a pressure cooker years ago, in the early years of our marriage, but it stopped working and by the time we replaced it, I'd got out of the way of using a pressure cooker, besides which it was different and I still haven't got round to figuring out how to use it. My son bought me the air fryer and like the pressure cooker I haven't had time to figure out how to use it. Also, it takes up too much space. Another son would like to be able to use it, but I don't know if he's prepared to experiment with it.

Just remembered, soup maker, knife sharpener, blender (2), waffle maker, toasted sandwich maker, all taking up cupboard space, and a fondue set.
I'll gladly take them off your hands.

So how did you end up with all these things you don’t use, are they all gifts or did they just seem like a good idea at the time and then you simply went off the idea?

If you print off the instructions from the internet so long as they are clean and in good working order a charity shop will gladly take them.
I find items I have and don’t use make me feel a little guilty when I see them so now I get rid of them and am happy knowing someone else will enjoy it.

I can't imagine getting by without the knife sharpener. I'm not sure what a soup maker is but apparently I don't need one. I'd give the waffle maker to someone with children. Although I do make pancakes a few times a month so it might be fun to use occasionally.

We had a waffle maker at home as a kid.
Mum used it to make toasted sandwiches. First time I ordered one, I was surprised it wasn't as flat as I was used to, and it didn't have that nice print in the bread :)

Bought this small orange waffle maker, but haven't used it yet!! :ninja:
Waffle maker in Orange..jpg
Electric Skillet..jpg

Haven'tused this electric skillet yet either!! Just bought it 2 months ago!! :unsure:

Last edited:
Bought this small orange waffle maker, but haven't used it yet!! :ninja:
View attachment 112466View attachment 112467
Haven'tused this electric skillet yet either!! Just bought it 2 months ago!! :unsure:
Where do you keep all this stuff in your tiny kitchen and small apartment? I've got to know. I've got a huge kitchen and pantry and no way would I have room for all those appliances and gadgets. You must have an entire bedroom dedicated to gadgets. Snap a photo, I'd love to see it!

I was just out in the garage and we have one of the side walls totally covered in cabinets.
I can keep oodles of stuff out there.
One cabinet, well at least a third of it, is small appliances and I have a third, yes I said 3rd, Keurig out there that was meant for travel but didn't really work out (but I just can't part with it - what if one of the other 2 go south?) as well a 7 quart Crock Pot/Electric Slow Cooker that I RARELY use anymore. I did use it a bunch back in the day, but ...
I've had the Keurig for about, hmmm, 8 years and the Crock Pot since about 2007.
Oh wait!
I also have a beautiful enameled cast iron 3 quart Dutch oven that I bought back in 2019
DSC01095.JPG

I rarely use it because I don't want to yuk it all up, it's just so dang pretty!

One cabinet, well at least a third of it, is small appliances and I have a third, yes I said 3rd, Keurig out there that was meant for travel but didn't really work out (but I just can't part with it - what if one of the other 2 go.
I also have a beautiful enameled cast iron 3 quart Dutch oven that I bought back in 2019
View attachment 112474
I rarely use it because I don't want to yuk it all up, it's just so dang pretty!
Yeah I've got a backup Keurig too. I've had it since 2014. It was free. I had another freebie Keurig but I gifted it to my in-laws. I use my iCoffee (also free) that I've had the same amount of time but it still works (fingers crossed it keeps doing so). Oh I love those enameled cast iron pots. I've got 4. I use mine at least 6x per year though. I've got one yellow, one red like yours, 1 green, and 1 blue.

Back
Top Bottom