Soybean substitute?

pinkcherrychef

Local time
12:09 PM
Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is well and being safe during these difficult times.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a bean that taste exactly,or almost like a soybean. I want to be able make milk and tofu from it.
They do sell soybeans here in Egypt, but I want a healthier option. I don't like nut milk either 😅.

Thanks for reading.

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone is well and being safe during these difficult times.
I was wondering if anyone knew of a bean that taste exactly,or almost like a soybean. I want to be able make milk and tofu from it.
They do sell soybeans here in Egypt, but I want a healthier option. I don't like nut milk either 😅.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome, I can't help, but someone will help you shortly.

Russ

I thought soy beans were a healthy substitute for other options, like meat. So, you are looking for a healthier substitute for a healthy substitute?

Sorry, I just don't have a grasp on all the healthier substitutes for foods that my 88 year old father has eaten all his life -- in reasonable portions.

I was no help at all, was I? Just ignore me. A lot of people do. :whistling:

CD

You can make milk from rice and tofu from chickpea flour. I've not made either but I used to use rice milk a lot before other non-dairy milks were available.

I
You can make milk from rice and tofu from chickpea flour. I've not made either but I used to use rice milk a lot before other non-dairy milks were available.
I've had rice milk before it's pretty tasty and the chick pea flour tofu sounds interesting. I'll definitely check it out thank you.

Back
Top Bottom