Sparkling Wines

Local time
7:09 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks about sparkling wines. I love champagne or prosecco and will drink it with anything just because I love the bubbles. Most people I know only like these bubbly beverages for special occasions, what about you?

I've had wine on only one occasion and I didn't have an acquired taste for it. It was more like a sweet n sour type and was just not for me. I've not had any others since this event.

I prefer to drink red wines, but for special occasions I enjoy Champagne or Prosecco. They are light and refreshing and are definitely good for celebrating. I would not drink them regularly and prefer them to be something of a treat.

I like sparkling wines but I believe they are more suitable for celebrations like weddings, birthday parties, Christmas parties, lunch or dinner parties. Apart from these celebrations, I do not drink wine at any other time except when taking it as communion at church. The same can be said for champagne. I only use this when it is served at any of the above-mentioned celebrations.

Sparkling wine is no different from any other wine - there is good sparkling wine and bad sparkling wine (and indifferent sparkling wine).

I used to not like it but then drank some good stuff and my wallet has been hurting ever since! Good champagne is amazing. Cheap champagne is horrible and would much prefer to drink good quality cava, prosecco other sparkling wine than cheap champagne. The cheap stuff is thin and acidic and outrageously poor value.

Sparkling wine is no different from any other wine - there is good sparkling wine and bad sparkling wine (and indifferent sparkling wine).

I used to not like it but then drank some good stuff and my wallet has been hurting ever since! Good champagne is amazing. Cheap champagne is horrible and would much prefer to drink good quality cava, prosecco other sparkling wine than cheap champagne. The cheap stuff is thin and acidic and outrageously poor value.

I completely agree with you, what really gets to me is the acidity of it. Thanks for mentioning cava, I always forget about it.

I used to always have a bottle of champagne in the fridge as a pick me up at the end of the day and then I found some good Proseccos that did the trick. (I used to work in an environment where champagne was always left behind at the end of the day) I find bubbles more refreshing and more relaxing, though I do like white wine, it can sometimes be too dry. When I am out and if a glass of Prosecco is on the menu I will have it even if it's with a bowl of soup!

I love it because I'm not really that much of a drinker so I mostly prefer ones that are at least sweet. Also, the carbonation in these drinks make it very close to sodas which I love, and the only real problem I have with them is that it is hard to know when to stop because you don't notice how much you are drinking when it tastes that good.

I love it because I'm not really that much of a drinker so I mostly prefer ones that are at least sweet. Also, the carbonation in these drinks make it very close to sodas which I love, and the only real problem I have with them is that it is hard to know when to stop because you don't notice how much you are drinking when it tastes that good.

I have noticed in the liquor store a lot of sparkling wines that sound sweeter than others. Your post made me think you may like a pink champagne or moscato, you may have already tried both but they tend to be a bit sweeter than champagne or prosecco and still have the bubbly aspect that you like.

I used to think of sparkling wine, champagne specifically, as something for a special occasion. Of course, decent champagne has a very special price, lol. As I've had the opportunity to expand my sparkling wine knowledge, I've learned about the wide expanse of what exists from slightly effervescent whites to cava, prosecco, and high end champagne. I don't care for wines that are too dry or yeasty and I prefer a softer mousse.

The only time I drink sparkling wine is for a special occasion. For everyday use, I like to have a nice tall glass of merlot. Sparkling wine also works well when you are making party punches and want to incorporate some carbination.

I don't care for wines that are too dry or yeasty and I prefer a softer mousse.
If you like your fizz with a softer mousse, you should try any Crémant from any of the regions of France that produce it. It is usually reliable from a quality perpective and offers good value for money. Finding it in your part of the world might be a little difficult though. Can't imagine it being a big seller anywhere in LA.

If you like your fizz with a softer mousse, you should try any Crémant from any of the regions of France that produce it. It is usually reliable from a quality perpective and offers good value for money. Finding it in your part of the world might be a little difficult though. Can't imagine it being a big seller anywhere in LA.

I actually have access to a lot more than you might think, and I often have the opportunity to try everything from the low end to the very expensive. I'm just not big on bubbles. I am also very familiar with Martin Wine Cellar and just about every wine business in the city. For the record, Mandeville is way across the lake, and Baton Rouge is 80 miles away.

I like sparkling wine but i find champagne to be extremely overrated, i don't really enjoy it at all. My favourite sparkling wines are cava and prosecco. Cava is a Spanish wine with many varieties according to the level of dryness. Prosecco is a dry white Italian wine, there are lightly sparkling and fully sparkling versions. Prosecco doesn't get better with age like champagne and will go stale if not consumed when young.

Back
Top Bottom