the central part of celery
60 g pistachios not salted
2 or 3 leaves of fresh basil
1 poor table spoon of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
lemon juice and organic lemon peel
EVOO
Salt

Method:
Chop the celery (leaves included) with a food processor with the basil leaves, half lemon juice and its grated peel, pistachios (keep aside some pistachio for the garnish), parmiggiano reggiano, oil and a pinch of salt.
Cook the spaghetti in abundant salted water, drain and sauté them in a pan with the pesto and a little cooking water.

Last edited:
I've never seen spelt pasta for sale in the UK, but I do have a bag of spelt flour in the cupboard. Do you have a reliable recipe for making spelt pasta dough from scratch? I really would like to try this dish!
Sainsbury's sell it - see here. Tesco do Spelt Fusilli.

I may be wrong but it might be tricky to make your own - I made spelt pastry once and it was very apt to crack and crumble.

I've never seen spelt pasta for sale in the UK, but I do have a bag of spelt flour in the cupboard. Do you have a reliable recipe for making spelt pasta dough from scratch? I really would like to try this dish!
Yes but I have to translate it :( I must say that I hardly make pasta at home because I find it ready and of excellent quality

View attachment 12878 View attachment 12864
Ingredients:
280 g spelt spaghetti (for 4 persons)
the central part of celery
60 g pistachios not salted
2 or 3 leaves of fresh basil
1 poor table spoon of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
lemon juice and organic lemon peel
EVOO
Salt

Method:
Chop the celery (leaves included) with a food processor with the basil leaves, half lemon juice and its grated peel, pistachios (keep aside some pistachio for the garnish), parmiggiano reggiano, oil and a pinch of salt.
Cook the spaghetti in abundant salted water, drain and sauté them in a pan with the pesto and a little cooking water.

@Sandra your dish looks great! And how much I love those celery on the side of the plate cut like swallow's tails...so fancy!

Back
Top Bottom