Spicy Chicken feet

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
3:41 PM
When my brother would have guests who drink beer or alcohol, he would always prepare chicken feet that we call adidas. He would wash the feet thoroughly and clean by taking away the scales. Then he would stew it in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and other spices. When almost cooked, he would take it from the pot and fry it lightly for about 3 minutes. When serving, he would put some broth to fortify the flavor. That adidas is a hit with everyone, male and female, drinker or not.

That sounds very different. I have never eaten chicken feet though my sister used to make a chicken feet stew, It use to look kind of odd with all the feet sticking out of the pot. It just never appealed to me. These sound a bit different though with the spices and being fried. Maybe after a few too many beers I might give them a try, not sure I could do it sober...lol

It use to look kind of odd with all the feet sticking out of the pot...lol
That sounded like a good idea for the Halloween or any event that would require something strange. If I do not see an obvious feet served in front of me I might give it a try. I am very particular with the presentation to make it more appealing to eat.

Reactions: L_B
Chicken feet are sort of common around here but not Adidas chicken feet. I saw adidas and immediately thought of sneakers. Maybe chicken wearing sneakers? Anyway, I find this quite an interesting way to prepare the chicken feet. If I do have them it's with a pickle that calls for lime juice, salt, pepper onions and whatever other spices you decide to include. It's a cold dish. They are also cooked in stews and soups as well.

Poultry feet make amazing broth or soup! They are so full of natural gelatin that the broth becomes solid when cooled. If you drop them in boiling water then immerse in ice water, the scaly skin slides right off. I will have to try your Adidas next time I butcher and have a batch of feet - it sounds yummy!

Chicken feet are sort of common around here but not Adidas chicken feet. I saw adidas and immediately thought of sneakers. Maybe chicken wearing sneakers? Anyway, I find this quite an interesting way to prepare the chicken feet. If I do have them it's with a pickle that calls for lime juice, salt, pepper onions and whatever other spices you decide to include. It's a cold dish. They are also cooked in stews and soups as well.

That's exactly what I thought too - my mind went straight to sneakers! I've never tried chicken feet before and I have to say that honestly I don't know if I could bring myself to eat them! It's a mental thing for me, if something seems particularly weird or unusual a lot of the time I can't wrap my head around it!

That's exactly what I thought too - my mind went straight to sneakers! I've never tried chicken feet before and I have to say that honestly I don't know if I could bring myself to eat them! It's a mental thing for me, if something seems particularly weird or unusual a lot of the time I can't wrap my head around it!

I understand how that mind thing works. I can't say I was not affected in the case of the 'steppers' as we call them around here. Steppers! The name alone but I would still have one or two sometimes. Oh @cupcakechef, all I can think of right now are those little feet........not good:)

My uncle used to enjoy eating ham hocks (the lower segment of the pig that corresponds to the ankle or calf region) also known as pig knuckles, and I'd see them in the butcher shop we frequented when I was young, but I've never tasted them. It's interesting to hear about the different foods that are eaten in various places. I don't think I'd enjoy feet or hocks, but then again, I've eaten tongue, and really enjoyed it, so who knows.

My uncle used to enjoy eating ham hocks (the lower segment of the pig that corresponds to the ankle or calf region) also known as pig knuckles, and I'd see them in the butcher shop we frequented when I was young, but I've never tasted them. It's interesting to hear about the different foods that are eaten in various places. I don't think I'd enjoy feet or hocks, but then again, I've eaten tongue, and really enjoyed it, so who knows.
Pig feet are a big thing around here as well. It can be part of what we call Pudding and souse. It's a big business and some families must have it mostly on weekends. The feet are cooked until soft and mixed with grated cucumber, grated onions, parsley, hot peppers, lime juice, black pepper, salt and whatever secret ingredients some may use. The same ingredients are used with the chicken feet and it's served cold. All kinds of feet are being used in dishes. I have to be careful with my own.:)

Back
Top Bottom