For the Harissa mayo:
mayonnaise
Harissa
For Serving:
hot dog buns
Pickled cucumber
lettuce

Method

With the ground lamb in a large bowl add in the ground cumin, ground coriander, harissa, a little pepper and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves. Mix it all up. No need to add salt.

Heat a pan with the oil. Roll and shape the meat into golf sized balls. Cook the meatballs into the pan until golden brown and turn. Put in the lid under medium heat and cook for five to seven minutes.

In a small bowl combine the mayo and harissa until well mixed, you can put paprika if desired. Prepare the hotdog rolls.layer them with a few pieces of lettuce leaves and arranged the meatballs in. Top with pickled cucumber, Sprinkle some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and the harissa mayo.

These sound good! I've never made meatballs with lamb - I usually make Italian style meatballs here at home with a mix of pork/beef - but these sound like an interesting variation! Cumin and coriander are two of my favorite flavors when it comes to seasonings/herbs/spices so I think I would enjoy these. I wonder though if I could sub pork or beef for the lamb and just have the other seasonings as they are.

I can make meat balls but my recipe is little different. I mix minced meat with finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic and a spoon of chickpea flour. I make balls and fry on oil. I made dips with roasted tomato and garlic

I can make meat balls but my recipe is little different. I mix minced meat with finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic and a spoon of chickpea flour. I make balls and fry on oil. I made dips with roasted tomato and garlic

Adding ginger to the mix is something that I never thought would work. I think that would give it a nice flavor I think I may have to try that next time. Chickpea flour is also another good ingredient that would add to the flavor but I really find it hard finding this kind of flour.

Back
Top Bottom