Steakhouse sides

FowlersFreeTime

Local time
7:55 AM
Website
www.fowlersfreetime.com
I have a lovely Wagyu Ribeye steak I plan to cook in a cast iron skillet with the usual "Butter, Garlic and Thyme" treatment this weekend, but I am looking for ideas on side dishes. While I am usually quite happy to serve up a steak with rice, beans, and corn-on-the-cob, I am really trying to up my culinary game this time.
What are your favorite accompaniments to a nice steak?

Mushrooms in all their glory and they love garlic and butter. I also make a pan sauce while I rest the steak. Acorn squash and squash in general is hitting the food stands in my area, so there's that.

Plus-one on sautéed mushrooms, add some onions.

Potatoes au Gratin is another good one. Can't go wrong with grilled (on the BBQ) asparagus, either.

CD

Creamed spinach is a classic side dish for steak. I'm also partial to having the steak served on a bed of crispy fried onions, and just about any potato dish on the side is fine by me. Our favorite "special occasion" supper club does a wonderful one-pan hash brown dish - golden brown and crunchy on the outside and creamy and just slightly chunky in the middle.

I have a lovely Wagyu Ribeye steak I plan to cook in a cast iron skillet with the usual "Butter, Garlic and Thyme" treatment this weekend, but I am looking for ideas on side dishes. While I am usually quite happy to serve up a steak with rice, beans, and corn-on-the-cob, I am really trying to up my culinary game this time.

A baked potato, for sure, is always a good side with a steak. Beans are OK, depending on the motif of the overall meal. A salad goes good, always. If not a baked potato, mashed potatoes will work too. On the veggie side, corn or mixed.

I'm a big fan or RibEye and Roast Potatoes (when done with love). I just posted this video about the matter.
I grew the potatoes myself!

I'm a big fan or RibEye and Roast Potatoes (when done with love). I just posted this video about the matter.
I grew the potatoes myself!
Just watched; I really like your Roast Potatoes!
Also, how funny that I'm doing this research in order to make a video for my channel and there are so many cooking channels (yourself included) that have covered the same topic already LOL!
I just subscribed to your channel, we creators need to support each other :okay:

Just watched; I really like your Roast Potatoes!
Also, how funny that I'm doing this research in order to make a video for my channel and there are so many cooking channels (yourself included) that have covered the same topic already LOL!
I just subscribed to your channel, we creators need to support each other :okay:

You need to hook up with Andrew Rea (Binging with Babish). He has a net worth of $7.5 million -- from his YouTube channel.

CD

You need to hook up with Andrew Rea (Binging with Babish). He has a net worth of $7.5 million -- from his YouTube channel.

CD
He's one of my role models when it comes to this YouTube thing. He was a film student before he started cooking, and it shows in his production value.
heh, any time I feel the need to do a voiceover for a video, I tell myself I am channeling my "Inner Babish" 😅

Back
Top Bottom